Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They can't. Under federal regulations, if you build across 1 Jan, then that is the model year. So, Ford could extend all the way to the end of December instead of the 10th, but they can't push past January.
But I thought once they issued a VIN for a particular model year, it can no longer be changed...? 🤷🏻
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
But I thought once they issued a VIN for a particular model year, it can no longer be changed...? 🤷🏻
Yeah, they can't change a VIN once it's issued. I have every expectation that Ford will build all the actually issued MY21 VINs before 1 Jan.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are you going to post an image that answers your own question?

They were cranking along for a bit with soft top builds. Then when the hard top became ready they grinded to a slower pace again in September as they dealt with that. But they we’re scheduling a TON of builds in October / November. Some builds were even happening earlier than scheduled (my build was originally scheduled for 10/11 but was built week of 10/4 and was 1 of 800 builds scheduled on 10/8).

They didn’t cancel scheduling. The schedule you posted even says it’s only cleanup scheduling. There would be very few, if any, builds scheduled during those weeks.

I suspect October / November is going to look more like August than September.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We're now pushing into the week of December 13th - I got bumped last night
I do remember saying that Ford might just slip MY21 production further into December... Only to be told that wasn't possible. By the way, the vehicle doesn't have to be completed in order to be an MY21, the chassis and possibly certain other components need to be complete.

Well, surprise!

By the way, plant capacity is not the problem at this point, because we know that the plant has no problem cranking out 820 Broncos per day average (as they did in August). It could, with 3 shifts, easily do 1200 but that's another discussion.

Keep in mind that 38 of 52 weeks, at 820 Broncos per day x 6 days per week, is > 185k Broncos. Even averaging 658 Broncos per day (~80%) in the same time period would be a 2022 run of 150k Broncos. Enough to clear the backlog of 120k (80%) and provide 30k (20%) additional units for showrooms.

Anyway, let's hope that the supply chain can be salvaged... I have my concerns about that, but I also know that Ford is rather resourceful.

i-am-altering-the-schedule-pray-i-dont-alter-it-any-further.jpg

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Depending on how the supply chain situation sorts itself out, I'd venture to guess maybe they'll be at "full" production next Summer.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're now pushing into the week of December 13th - I got bumped last night
Did you get an email saying in moved to 12/13? That's crazy,,,,makes me worry that they'll get all the VINs they issued built. It would be nice to know how many the plant is putting out per day these days....

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well try finding a new Subaru or Wrangler. Slim pickings at all the dealers.

I talked with my local Jeep dealer and they told me 6 to 9 month wait for a 2 door Rubicon order if I ordered one. I’m just gonna hold off and wait for Bronco.

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get an email saying in moved to 12/13? That's crazy,,,,makes me worry that they'll get all the VINs they issued built. It would be nice to know how many the plant is putting out per day these days....
I did on Saturday night. I was all excited thinking I was moving up. I started the build week thread for it and so far I think only one other person checked in that they got bumped too
Ford Bronco Will Ford ever Ramp Production ? . . When ? . . [11/19 Update] Screenshot_20211016-221337

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just look at window stickers from current build weeks. 2 weeks ago they were doing around 800 a day at MAP. Dunno about the split of Bronco / Ranger, but at least we know how many were scheduled for a day.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The answer is no, in the mid-term. Ford will not have enough capacity to build all the Rangers and and Broncos it wants. Even if they add a third and fourth shift, it seems improbable they can make “enough” units.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do remember saying that Ford might just slip MY21 production further into December... Only to be told that wasn't possible. By the way, the vehicle doesn't have to be completed in order to be an MY21, the chassis and possibly certain other components need to be complete.

Well, surprise!

By the way, plant capacity is not the problem at this point, because we know that the plant has no problem cranking out 820 Broncos per day average (as they did in August). It could, with 3 shifts, easily do 1200 but that's another discussion.

Keep in mind that 38 of 52 weeks, at 820 Broncos per day x 6 days per week, is > 185k Broncos. Even averaging 658 Broncos per day (~80%) in the same time period would be a 2022 run of 150k Broncos. Enough to clear the backlog of 120k (80%) and provide 30k (20%) additional units for showrooms.

Anyway, let's hope that the supply chain can be salvaged... I have my concerns about that, but I also know that Ford is rather resourceful.

Ford Bronco Will Ford ever Ramp Production ? . . When ? . . [11/19 Update] Screenshot_20211016-221337
Keep in mind too, the backlog is not 120k anymore (at least not of initial orders). By the end of 21 they will have built at the very least 35,000. So I think our math gets better, no?

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know if a vin can be cancelled or changed? Has Ford bit off more than it can chew with this last batch of vins issued?

I would not be surprised if my next letter from Ford is a "We're sorry, but your 2021 build has been cancelled"

But I suppose they can build them, and then place them on dirt mountain v2.
I'm not normally a glass half empty guy, but this isn't looking too good.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep in mind too, the backlog is not 120k anymore (at least not of initial orders). By the end of 21 they will have built at the very least 35,000. So I think our math gets better, no?
Yes, but I was also assuming that orders will continue (although I gather the pace has slowed).
Sponsored