First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Scat Pack 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we're multiple '21 VINs being cancelled and pushed into MY22 ??
Looks like it. My bet is if you had a build date in November or later you're probably going to get booted down the road to 22.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw on the news today that China intercepted a cargo ship from Taiwan headed to the USA with computer chips. That's not gonna help for sure.
When and where would the cargo ship dock and unload. That could take 6 to 8 months then another 1- 2 months to get trucked from the docks to Ford. Sorry to glass half empty?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When and where would the cargo ship dock and unload. That could take 6 to 8 months then another 1- 2 months to get trucked from the docks to Ford. Sorry to glass half empty?
Don't be sorry Stephen. I grow more pessimistic by the day. Shits gone crazy. Our chosen leaders don't seem to know how to do anything about it, but make it worse.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The VIN was 1FMEE5DPXMLA95453

I am no longer able to track my Vehicle with it. Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem now...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...r-number-and-vin-from-ford.25945/#post-902788
I bet that it still exists, let me get your 4 digit order number, because although there is no windowsticker, ETIS and AsBuilt data suggests that the VIN is Valid.

Also was able to pull this up on "Ford.com"

When looking at Sync Updates for that VIN:

2021 Ford Bronco
1FMEE5DPXMLA95453
While your VIN is valid, it looks like your vehicle isn’t equipped with a compatible version of SYNC®. Please verify that your VIN was entered correctly and try again.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bet that it still exists, let me get your 4 digit order number, because although there is no windowsticker, ETIS and AsBuilt data suggests that the VIN is Valid.

You might want to message Uncle @Permaxyz, he has access to information that I don't have access to as well. He might be able to see things I can't, but I am not convinced that this VIN has disappeared.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You might want to message Uncle @Permaxyz, he has access to information that I don't have access to as well. He might be able to see things I can't, but I am not convinced that this VIN has disappeared.
This one is correct.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After the last two years, I suspect that there are a lot of companies who will be changing their supply chains to be a little less Just In Timey.
Maybe. But it'd be moot if Ford doesn't as well. From a supplier's view, Ford is a chaotic mess to deal with. Every week, they update their "pull" forecast. And every week they order whatever quantities they feel like, the numbers having no relationship on what they forecast or what stated production rates are. As such, we wind up having to build up a bit of a safety stock to buffer their whims. So we're already not really operating in a JIT fashion, and I have to believe that other suppliers do likewise. Then layer on top of that the issues of actually getting trucks lined up due to driver shortages and it gets messy in a hurry...

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well try finding a new Subaru or Wrangler. Slim pickings at all the dealers.
I am seeing Jeeps for sale everywhere in my area. Decent pricing as well.

Sponsored

MJ14

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer/22 Bronco OBX/02 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There’s a Honda plant a lot of my friends work at close by me. They used to produce about 640 vehicles a day. They are barely squeezing out 200 now.

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long is our wait ?
A lot depends whether Ford can ramp production anytime soon -

They have more than 200,000 orders still unscheduled. If production is not ramped, a lot of us could be waiting quite a while -
So far it's been limping along - only few or several thousand a month - for '21 they made 33,207 so far - see Ford October Press Release below -

What's November forecast ? . . December ?

For rest of '21 Ford may have decided to punt - still limping along -
The latest scheduling was Oct 28. And before that Sept 30.
Now no more for build weeks in '21 -
'22 January scheduling expected this week 11/18 -

Will Ford ramp production in '22 ?
The apologistas try to wave off as 'supply chain issues' -
Ford also has big problems w design & production - e.g. dozens of 2.7L engine failures, electrical fails, continuing MIC defects, airbags, et cetera - these are prob the major production delays, and they're not 'supply chain' - looks like bad mgmt -

Latest monthly production #'s - (publ. Nov 3)
October-2021-Production-Release-4.jpg
You have to think that they will as soon as they can. For them “More Broncos = More $.” They have a huge investment and not much return for various reasons. I am sure this is a big topic in the board room.