Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We're now pushing into the week of December 13th - I got bumped last night
This is my concern as well - we've got a VIN and a 12/6 build date. If yours has been bumped, there's a likelihood that ours will be too.

And at what point over the next 8 weeks do they get bumped again? It would be very frustrating to have a MY21 built in MY22 and it not be a MY22.

My biggest concern I guess, is having to reorder it all over again as a MY22, if that's the case with 12/6 being bumped past 12/13.
Sponsored

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speculation speculation speculation, a little malcontent, speculation speculation speculation, someone else’s speculation is wrong or ignorant, speculation speculation, I hate Ford…….. seems like most threads these days

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol. Ford has us complaining about how the deck chairs are arranged (allocations) when the real news is the ship is going down (not even getting out of the dock).

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
My biggest concern I guess, is having to reorder it all over again as a MY22, if that's the case with 12/6 being bumped past 12/13.
And here I am hoping for exactly that. I always wanted CO, but it wasn't available on Base MY21. Timeline for me was: Email that I'll be pushed to MY22 -> Announcement that CO is on Base for MY22 -> Excitement -> Surprise VIN and build week of 12/6.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saw on the news today that China intercepted a cargo ship from Taiwan headed to the USA with computer chips. That's not gonna help for sure.

Sponsored

BoogieBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Boogie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone know if a vin can be cancelled or changed? Has Ford bit off more than it can chew with this last batch of vins issued?

I would not be surprised if my next letter from Ford is a "We're sorry, but your 2021 build has been cancelled"

But I suppose they can build them, and then place them on dirt mountain v2.
I'm not normally a glass half empty guy, but this isn't looking too good.
Stay positive and just hang in there. No news is good news and if you expect the email and don’t get it them you did it! If you get the bad news at least it’s something you already expected right?

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well try finding a new Subaru or Wrangler. Slim pickings at all the dealers.

I talked with my local Jeep dealer and they told me 6 to 9 month wait for a 2 door Rubicon order if I ordered one. I’m just gonna hold off and wait for Bronco.
I ordered my dad’s Willys eight nine weeks ago and he is already driving in. 6-9 months, find a different dealership to talk to.

BoogieBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Boogie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is my concern as well - we've got a VIN and a 12/6 build date. If yours has been bumped, there's a likelihood that ours will be too.

And at what point over the next 8 weeks do they get bumped again? It would be very frustrating to have a MY21 built in MY22 and it not be a MY22.

Ford probably add a build week pass our week also. It might not necessarily mean we get bumped too. But that’s just too much speculating. Until we get closer to 12/6 we really won’t know much.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford probably add a build week pass our week also. It might not necessarily mean we get bumped too. But that’s just too much speculating. Until we get closer to 12/6 we really won’t know much.
Agreed. I've been ridiculously lucky so far, so this was inevitable!

I didn't have a reservation, only placed my order on 9/14/21 - received Ford order confirmation same day. Revised my order to include the onboard door bags on 9/20/21. On 9/30 received my VIN and 12/6 build date.

And as mentioned, it is all speculation at this point. Who knows, the luck may continue and it gets built and shipped before the end of the year.

Sponsored

NES

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Scat Pack 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My VIN is apparently just... gone...

I had a VIN and a build date of 11/1 for my Badlands, and then I received an email from my dealer yesterday saying that I needed to convert my order to a 22. I thought surely that was a mistake, and the email was just automated and got sent to me by default. I figured I better double check so I logged in to the Ford site this morning to track my build and it's saying my VIN is no longer valid to track and there is no build date. I'm back to just an order number.

I'm stopping by my dealer today to see what's going on. I thought once they created a VIN it couldn't be undone??

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My VIN is apparently just... gone...

I had a VIN and a build date of 11/1 for my Badlands, and then I received an email from my dealer yesterday saying that I needed to convert my order to a 22. I thought surely that was a mistake, and the email was just automated and got sent to me by default. I figured I better double check so I logged in to the Ford site this morning to track my build and it's saying my VIN is no longer valid to track and there is no build date. I'm back to just an order number.

I'm stopping by my dealer today to see what's going on. I thought once they created a VIN it couldn't be undone??
what was the VIN?

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Of course, but as someone who works in the manufacturing world (industrial computers), these supply chain issues are not going away anytime soon. We are already telling our customers to brace for semiconductor issues all through 2022.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone that works in the supply chain - albeit on a niche volume level - I can say that this is cascading through everything.

Part of the problem is that when they have to idle production plants, even suppliers that have available production capacity for their widget get shut down. They, in turn, have to cut back orders to their tier-2, 3, etc vendors and suppliers. If it goes on long enough, they have to lay people off and as a consequence, now that branch of the supply change is also impaired. When the order finally comes to turn it back on again, it can take months to get things back running and pipeline refilled. Sometimes employees have moved on, and we have to hire others.

Case in point, many of our components come from a sister company in Europe. Those parts are sent over by boat, and the transit can take 2 or 3 months when you factor in customs and the like. We've been lucky in that 50% of my facility's volume finds its way into F-150 models. Ford has worked hard to keep their trucks in production, even at a reduced rate, given the cash cow they are. But other programs were just gutted. In our case, we took the downtime to completely dismantle and reorganize our warehouse, and replaced 100% of the racking. It needed to be done and it gave our shop floor guys something to do, which If we had tried that while in full-swing, would've been a nightmare. But that's still just making lemonade from lemons.

My take is that as we move through 2022, things will improve. But the progress will be slow. As eluded to before, it'll be a few years before the industry is truly back on its feet - presuming something else doesn't derail the progress.

After the last two years, I suspect that there are a lot of companies who will be changing their supply chains to be a little less Just In Timey.
Sponsored