Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If there’s one thing we’ve learned, talk is cheap. Ford has continued to move the goalposts so it’s really anyones guess.

Considering how many quality issues are being reported, it probably would be beneficial to delay production.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.7 liter orders might get pushed due to an investigation on why some are dropping valves. We’ll see.

OP
OP
Sascrotch

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.7 liter orders might get pushed due to an investigation on why some are dropping valves. We’ll see.
I haven’t followed this issue. Do you have a sense of how widespread this problem is?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now that some folks with a MY21 VIN are being pushed to a 12/13 build week (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/đź› -12-13-build-week-group.25830/), should we expect MY22 to get pushed farther back into December? What happens if there are delays and some MY21s get pushed beyond Jan 1st?

Or do you think Ford will unassign VINs and make some customers reorder a 22?
Ford is not likely to "unassign" VINs and dealers have been lying to customers telling them exactly that... "Ford cancelled your VIN, sorry dude". That's horseshit.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven’t followed this issue. Do you have a sense of how widespread this problem is?
No one can be sure... however, it was occurring around the time the LIMA plant was having layoffs, so that might limit the damage somewhat. Idling the Lima plant is also why 2.7's became a constraint item.

OP
OP
Sascrotch

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford is not likely to "unassign" VINs and dealers have been lying to customers telling them exactly that... "Ford cancelled your VIN, sorry dude". That's horseshit.
I know from some people who ordered cars from Tesla that they can get a VIN unassigned in the case of production delays and then get a new VIN assigned.

I'm sure it would be a bureaucratic headache for Ford to do it, but if they can't get all the assigned MY21 broncos out the door by the MY22 start date, they will either have to reschedule some as 22s (and change the VIN) or push MY22 start date back.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, there was already info on the dropped valves being a single batch. Birth dates are tracked on every component so they know the affected engines/units.

BTW: For a good time, and to judge MY22 production, look into the current global magnesium shortage and how that's expected to play out when supply runs out sometime in December. o_O

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know from some people who ordered cars from Tesla that they can get a VIN unassigned in the case of production delays and then get a new VIN assigned.

I'm sure it would be a bureaucratic headache for Ford to do it, but if they can't get all the assigned MY21 broncos out the door by the MY22 start date, they will either have to reschedule some as 22s (and change the VIN) or push MY22 start date back.
That's why I said not likely... It could happen, but it has not happened yet. Once that changes, then it might be legit, but twice in the past 2 days, I have caught Ford dealers trying to pull this BS with customers.

Sponsored

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I heard 2nd hand that they have chips at MAP and are working 6 days a week. So hopefully they're building quality Broncos and getting them out to us in a timely manner!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I heard 2nd hand that they have chips at MAP and are working 6 days a week. So hopefully they're building quality Broncos and getting them out to us in a timely manner!
Is this what your dealer said? ;)

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They have pulled back 2021 VINS. I had a 12/6 VIN and had to reorder for MY 2022.

First I received emails from Ford saying get ready to reorder and then after about a week of my dealer saying no youre still MY 2021, he confirmed I was bumped.

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not always horseshit. Ford gave me a 12/6 VIN on 9/30. Then mid-October Ford sent me emails telling me to prepare to reorder for MY 2022. I asked my dealer what was up- he said no I was still 2021 for a week before he learned I had been bumped out of 2021.
Sponsored