Sponsored

Will Ford surprise us with Cheaper pricing??

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whats the chances Ford tweaks the Build and Price pricing and actually makes options and accessories a little cheaper?

Like in the survey that was released a few weeks back they had the Sasquatch package at $5,000. Whats the chance they actually make it $4,500 when its actually released?

I'm only asking because 1 I've never been involved in ordering a new released vehicle and 2 id love for them to tweak the prices so I can afford to buy more accessories like the modular front bumper, wench, and Auxiliary switches.
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would be cool! My worry is that they'll tweak prices higher, because of the popularity.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's possible but doubtful. The survey was used to get feedback on what users were willing to pay so if many people avoided the squatch package that may tell them it's priced too high.

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's possible but doubtful. The survey was used to get feedback on what users were willing to pay so if many people avoided the squatch package that may tell them it's priced too high.
Would be cool! My worry is that they'll tweak prices higher, because of the popularity.
Yup...more likely it's what can they can away with.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
The "Tow Package" certainly needs to be lower. Receiver and harness is nothing....
I agree thats ridiculous. I also think there Bumper at $800 is crazy expensive as well. Theres aftermarket bumpers out there that are half the price that are nicer and built for a wench to mated properly so it looks good. Obviously not made for Bronco yet but they will be.

Screenshot_20200919-083135_Samsung Internet.jpg

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think it's quite the opposite - it was to make sure there are no surprises and they are able to sell those packages and plan for demand.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A little different way to look at this issue.

The survey was like playing monopoly using fake money.

The real feedback Ford will receive about their pricing of options or even trim levels will be when a couple of hundred thousand real orders with real money have been placed over the next year or two.

Ford can then for the subsequent model year/s move items in and out of different packages, offer some items as stand alone options, adjust the pricing of some options etc. based on what people are buying and what they are skipping.

I am hoping that more people will option their Broncos lower and not higher to show Ford that they don’t appreciate and are not so dumb as to for example order the Lux package just so they could get that universal GarageDoor opener.

The best thing Ford can eventually come around to doing would be to offer stand alone options for the most common and popular features at all trim levels. That is the only way their customers can truly have the Bronco just the way they want it for a price they are willing to pay willingly and therefore happily.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wench mating is illegal in 12 states ?
and sadly that number seems to be dropping every day...

However, "WINCH" mating to your vehicle's bumper is a totally acceptable thing!!

As to the OP, I think we could see change in both directions, but would suspect more of a net increase than decrease.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a total guess, but I would assume the prices are probably close to set. The bigger issue may be availability and tariffs. Ford will have to decide on who and what to supply and figure out the likely popular options and models. My guess? Big Bend hard top auto 2.3l will be the volume leader, followed by OBX, BD then base. Lots of roof racks and modular bumpers, then it will diverge a lot from there. They want to move people to the highest possible model or where the margins are higher by targeting certain packages and options at certain prices. 302A F150 anyone? Pretty much gets the F150 to $50k with all the basic popular options. That’s likely what Ford is working on, how to hit that sweet spot with the broad market. Members of this group are a small and passionate bunch, unlikely to order at the same level and options the border market will. Just my 2 cents.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree thats ridiculous. I also think there Bumper at $800 is crazy expensive as well. Theres aftermarket bumpers out there that are half the price that are nicer and built for a wench to mated properly so it looks good. Obviously not made for Bronco yet but they will be.

Ford Bronco Will Ford surprise us with Cheaper pricing?? 1600522971006
And just like that, the Ford Steel bumper drops off my option list. I’d also be wary of mark up on winches.
Sponsored