Sponsored

Will I be able to get a red Base model in 2022?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, Ford has announced that they will discontinue Rapid Red for 2022, the darker, extra cost metallic red. And for 2021 you couldn't get the other red color on a Base model. I have to have a red Bronco, but don't want a more expensive package.

Any idea if Ford is going to allow me to get a red one?

[Hot Pepper Red doesn't count as red in my book.]
Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, Ford has announced that they will discontinue Rapid Red for 2022, the darker, extra cost metallic red. And for 2021 you couldn't get the other red color on a Base model. I have to have a red Bronco, but don't want a more expensive package.

Any idea if Ford is going to allow me to get a red one?

[Hot Pepper Red doesn't count as red in my book.]
Nobody knows yet. Probably wait until the 2022 Build and Price comes out.

OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nobody knows yet. Probably wait until the 2022 Build and Price comes out.
Yeah, I figured that much. I was hoping maybe somebody here might actually know what Ford has planned, before it's all official.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No red on the base for 2022. :(

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No Race red, but Hot pepper. 99% of the time hot pepper just looks red, the renders share no resemblance with any color Ford has in their inventory.

Screenshot_20210821-113109_Chrome.jpg

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No Race red, but Hot pepper. 99% of the time hot pepper just looks red, the renders share no resemblance to any color Ford has in their inventory.

Screenshot_20210821-113109_Chrome.jpg
If it's the same Hot Pepper I saw on Ford Fiestas a few years ago (looking more like metallic burnt orange) then it's a no-go for me. I'll try to find at a Ford dealership to see again in person, but don't think it's for me.

And why not put Race Red on the base, and leave the funky metallic colors as options on the upper tier models. Even better, allow all colors as options on the base, like Jeep essentially does with Wrangler.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford /CRAZY/
When Ford initially offered a 2-door base manual hardtop in red (well, Rapid Red, close enough), at a price point under 30k, I was in heaven. It's been downhill since then. 2-door essentially unobtainable due to hardtop issues, and now Ford has pulled red from the base. I am waiting for the final straw in a price hike for MY22. :(

OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope you're right. That would be one bit of good news for the Bronco.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it's the same Hot Pepper I saw on Ford Fiestas a few years ago (looking more like metallic burnt orange) then it's a no-go for me. I'll try to find at a Ford dealership to see again in person, but don't think it's for me.

And why not put Race Red on the base, and leave the funky metallic colors as options on the upper tier models. Even better, allow all colors as options on the base, like Jeep essentially does with Wrangler.
I get your point, Hot Pepper looked bad on the Fiesta, but tinted clear coats can look dull on vehicles with a lot of horizontal and curved surfaces because your looking "through" more of the clear. I think it looks better on the Ranger and even better of the Maverick with it's boxy styling. It's definitely something I would need to see in person before ordering.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When Ford initially offered a 2-door base manual hardtop in red (well, Rapid Red, close enough), at a price point under 30k, I was in heaven. It's been downhill since then. 2-door essentially unobtainable due to hardtop issues, and now Ford has pulled red from the base. I am waiting for the final straw in a price hike for MY22. :(
Yeah, they screwed everyone getting a Rapid Red or AMB 2-door. I'm an OBX, and the only thing worse would be having a 2-door AMB or RR BL or BD reserved and having the stock mod bumper yanked too. I'm sure those people are out there, and they can't be happy.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get your point, Hot Pepper looked bad on the Fiesta, but tinted clear coats can look dull on vehicles with a lot of horizontal and curved surfaces because your looking "through" more of the clear. I think it looks better on the Ranger and even better of the Maverick with it's boxy styling. It's definitely something I would need to see in person before ordering.
True. I saw Velocity Blue on a pickup truck at a Ford lot, and thought it was ok. Then I saw on a 2-door Bronco and thought it was very nice. (In fact VB and Rapid Red were my top two choices.) So I won't rule out Hot Pepper until seeing it again, preferably on a Bronco. But for now I'm not optimistic.

At least VB did not get dropped. And if Squatch Bronc is correct about all colors being available on Base for MY22, that would be a nice surprise.

OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After all of the unknowns that prompted this thread, I now have my 2021 Base Bronco in Rapid Red. Bought it today.

yppOQVN.jpg
Sponsored