Sponsored

Will it be easy to DIY Sasquatch a base Badlands?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the only difference between a Badlands and a Sasquatch Badlands is 4.7 vs 4.46, a small lift and of course the 35 tires and fenders.
We already know we can order the fenders as an accessory and of course 35 tires.

I would gladly order Sasquatch from the factory, but I need a roof rack and it seems the roof rack cannot be ordered as an accessory from the dealer. So I am stuck getting a base Badlands. Will it be easy for me to add 35 tires and will the 4.46 be an issue?
Sponsored

cesarinho

Black Diamond
First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is why I will be getting the Sasquatch from the factory. I think the 4.7 axle ratio + front and rear locking differentials included in in the Sasquatch package is overlooked by many. There's a lot of parts that need to be replaced in the 4x4 system that is also covered in the powertrain warranty. The video in link below is the best explanation I have found. Good luck!
Ford Bronco Will it be easy to DIY Sasquatch a base Badlands? transfer case

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the only difference between a Badlands and a Sasquatch Badlands is 4.7 vs 4.46, a small lift and of course the 35 tires and fenders.
We already know we can order the fenders as an accessory and of course 35 tires.

I would gladly order Sasquatch from the factory, but I need a roof rack and it seems the roof rack cannot be ordered as an accessory from the dealer. So I am stuck getting a base Badlands. Will it be easy for me to add 35 tires and will the 4.46 be an issue?
Nobody can say with detail and surety if it will be easy or difficult because nobody knows the actual difference in the parts list (other than the gearing that is). We do know with a fair amount of confidence that the bolts shouldn't be rusted together. Joking aside though, the biggest question/conversation is what the difference is between them. Some think that the Squatch has a 10mm bump-stop of some type and others think that the springs are different rates to account for the 10mm less of Squatch travel. If you are confident that you will never articulate your wheels to the max compression then try to fit the 35s on straight away. Hopefully the sheet metal doesn't get compromised.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally don't think there would be an issue leaving the 4.46 alone, so I'd give it shot before buying gears and installing them.

Ford Bronco Will it be easy to DIY Sasquatch a base Badlands? 1610742661108

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

from my extensive racing experience, there will be a bearing/shim kit at some point for the ring swaps.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's literally just wheels/tires and fender flares. At an exorbinant price.

Why anybody needs to sasquatch a base badlands is beyond me.

FYI: "Base badlands" implies the base level of Badlands, as in, you didn't spend thousands of dollars upgrading the engine or transmission.... Soooooo, you're specifically asking about the 2.3 with MT and 4.7. So it's wheels/tires and fender flares........ For about $2,500

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Easy"? Well depends on what you personally can do and what equipment you have. But if you mean 'buying the stuff to make it look like a SAS' then sure you could do it, it will just end up costing you more than the pkg.

You don't need gears, at least it isn't required for you to get the look and basic utility. It isn't just about "will 35's fit under the fenders" either, depending on rim offsets you'll risk a couple things (hitting suspension, rubbing when you turn to lock, etc..). There will definitely be suspensions you can add that will fix most of that but it will cost money. If you're considering the hockey-puck route (just putting a block to raise clearance), that will work for a look but whatever you do don't actually trust that off-road. So if you consider buying a suspension lift, rims, tires, then paying to have it all put on you're probably in the neighborhood of 3-4 grand assuming the IFS doesn't cause you more issues. Then your speedometer and such will be inaccurate so you'll need to tune to fix that (or ForScan you can fix it yourself if you're so inclined). The ride will probably feel nicer as an aftermarket suspension, depending on what you spend, can ride nicer than a factory one. Saying 'we know 35s will fit', I'm not sure that is true. I don't recall 35's being an upgrade without suspension mods. Something to consider. All said, yeah you can add it but it's going to cost you more than the package in the long run.

Also if you get the SAS from the factory, there will be the delicious possibility of upgrades to 37's with minimal work :)

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone talks about what a good deal SAS is, it’s not in some situations. If you don’t rock crawl or use the front locker, you are buying the look for close to $6k (you have to get adv 4x4). If you have the know how to add a 1-2“ lift and swap rims and tires, you have the ’look’ for WAY less.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoever determined that tthey should name their app Forscan needs a big raise. We'd love to have him or her where I work!
Well you'll need to ask the Russians ;)
Sponsored