Sponsored

Will it be easy to DIY Sasquatch a base Badlands?

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
not according to the order guide you can't. I know the B&P allowed it but order guide states otherwise.
I was wrong as well. You have to order Squatch for 4.70. Bummer.
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I will be getting the Sasquatch from the factory. I think the 4.7 axle ratio + front and rear locking differentials included in in the Sasquatch package is overlooked by many. There's a lot of parts that need to be replaced in the 4x4 system that is also covered in the powertrain warranty. The video in link below is the best explanation I have found. Good luck!
transfer case.jpg

Based on this AWESOME video, I would not feel comfortable assuming that a badlands with 33s and an automatic transmission will not need to be re-geared for the 35s.

As he says in the video, Ford is designing the entire system assuming 33” tires. Further, the equation he gives lands you right on needing the Sasquatch gear ratio to run 35s and keep the Bronco within its engineered operating parameters:

35 * 4.46 / 33 = 4.73

Thank you very much for posting this video.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I apologize...

I read it as 35's with a 4.45 gear and 33's with a 4.73 gear

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The answer is simple - if manual get 1” spacers or wheels with 30mm offset and put in 315/70s.

If auto: do the same and decide how much 4:70 is worth to you.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the only difference between a Badlands and a Sasquatch Badlands is 4.7 vs 4.46, a small lift and of course the 35 tires and fenders.
We already know we can order the fenders as an accessory and of course 35 tires.

I would gladly order Sasquatch from the factory, but I need a roof rack and it seems the roof rack cannot be ordered as an accessory from the dealer. So I am stuck getting a base Badlands. Will it be easy for me to add 35 tires and will the 4.46 be an issue?
We did essentially that just scaled down on a bronco sport as a kinda why not proof of concept, we can definitely do it for a badlands. We have also done it for a F150, ranger, and Expedition. The f150 had 35's and a pretty significant lift more than 2 inches

Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For me as a mechanic, the Sasquatch package is worth the money. The 4.77 gearing will make the truck drive like a normal truck with 35 tires. Putting bigger tires on lower gearing will affect drivability. If you want to get them installed later you need to get them installed by Ford to ensure they are done right, but even then... there may be an issue with installation. Unless you know a shop that gets gear spacing and lash perfect, I would just rather have it done from the factory. Same with lift and alignment. I’m paying for all that to be assembled right from the factory. Under warranty.