Sponsored

Will it be easy to DIY Sasquatch a base Badlands?

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No I'm saying the market will be tiny, when was the last time you looked to buy some factory rims?
Oh right haha I mean yeah the market will be basically this forum. I’m just saying I’d take that deal if offered.
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hear you for Base or Big Bend takeoffs. Badlands is a different story.
BL rims are sure better than the spare tires they put on the BD ?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe you're right, I've sold a ton of parts and never got close to that number for OEM setups, especially with an aftermarket that is far wider.
5 brand new 33” KO2s could pull close to a grand without the rims...and these are balanced and on rims. A grand is a steal for these and will be very easy to get rid of at that price...

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another thing to consider is the GOAT modes. From what we can tell, a big part of what they do is adjust the shift points for the conditions. If you slap 35s onto the 4.46 Badlands, it seems like your shift points will not only be less than optimal for daily driving but also your goat modes.

This leads me to another thought of why Ford isn’t offering 4.7 gearing with auto badlands: they would probably need two different versions/configurations of software for the badlands with auto.

However, since 4.46 with 33s is equivalent to 4.7 gearing 35s, they can run a single software setup for Sasquatch and non Sasquatch and just swap out the gears in manufacturing.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5 brand new 33” KO2s could pull close to a grand without the rims...and these are balanced and on rims. A grand is a steal for these and will be very easy to get rid of at that price...
Yep. I'll buy them w/o even getting/owning a Bronco at that price.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think you would be fine to run 35" on your base BL w/o changing gear ratio. Take a look at: http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

You can side-by-side compare speed & rpm at individual auto transmission gears with different gearbox ratio & tire combinations.

fyi: Transmission: Ford 10R80. If you want to see individual hi & lo torque specs choose 3.06 in transfer box drop down. On road speed output, I'd suggest changing 2nd & 3rd RPM to 2200 & 3200 respectively.

Also - your Ford dealer might be a good customer prospect for your take-off rims and tires. They will slap them on a base or sport model and mark up MSRP.
Sponsored