Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm reviving this, because I'm pondering when my '21/'22 order moves to '23 more than likely that I would switch to a Black Diamond w/SAS, but I need roof racks. Garage is a standard 7' door, roughly 82" clearance or so, based on that graph, a 4 door SAS with roof rack would be 82.086".

Has anyone verified this?
Sponsored

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was the consensus? Did it fit in their garage?

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thankful my home had a ridiculously tall garage door, I can pull in with the roof folding back a flap - which is super convenient.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Base badlands is about 72”. 6 feet. Add about 2-3 inches for SAS, another 4 inches for roof rack. You’re at about 80 inches, being a bit liberal. You’re gonna need about a 6’10” opening which will give you some breathing room. My garage opening I think is standard at about 82 inches.
Standard is around 82 as you stated. My BaseSquatch with a soft top has about 5 inches of clearance.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Bronco is not THAT big. Barely bigger than a Mini Cooper! (Gotta love the angles)

Ford Bronco Will it fit in my garage? A31B5A07-01FF-4186-BC69-D2A404B6B81B

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm reviving this, because I'm pondering when my '21/'22 order moves to '23 more than likely that I would switch to a Black Diamond w/SAS, but I need roof racks. Garage is a standard 7' door, roughly 82" clearance or so, based on that graph, a 4 door SAS with roof rack would be 82.086".

Has anyone verified this?
I've got a 2-door OBX Sasquatch and it clears my standard garage door with a few inches to spare. The antenna is slightly higher than the roof rack, so kind of a built-in height warning system.

OP
OP

Bronco Boater

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150 2.7 Echo boost
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a standard height garage door for an older house and I can fit in with about 2 millimeters to spare. Base 2 door with sas takeoffs and a rack

08F17B97-885E-4E88-A580-1003DF935523.jpeg

1DDE0391-A7E2-4580-8F6F-044AEBA13CEB.jpeg

C5F1D157-8E5B-4E15-9F21-995B0A943219.jpeg

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, well I measured and my garage door opening is barely 82", probably 81.5" to be safe. So it would be tight.......2 millimeters sounds closer to accurate.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone with a SAS and roof rack care to measure? Ford's numbers put it at 82.086, this basically is the difference between (when I eventually have to re-order) getting a Black Diamond Sasquatch or sticking with my original Badlands base order.

I run without a top 6 months out of the year, need the hard top/racks for the other 6 months. So...parking it inside is essential 82.086" would mean clipping the top of my garage door I'm fairly certain.

Thanks!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I measured the height of my Basesquatch at the rear. I used a tape measure and placed a level on the rear of the top. I figured the rear was higher than the front with the slight rake being higher in the back. I measured 78" My garage door opening to the top of the door when open is about 80" measured with a tape measure so I barely clear by 2".

What got me measuring it is that I have a 10 X 20 storage unit at a storage unit place close to the house. I keep my Basesquatch at the house although keep my C6 Corvette in the Storage Unit. When I go to get the C6 to drive it I was planning to just put the Basesquatch in the unit. It looks like the opening is even less height than my garage door- judging from the top of my head to the opening at the top of the door when it is open all the way. I have not measured it but it may be too close to put the Basesquatch in the storage unit. I was going to get a roof rack for kayaks and paddle boards but won't be able to for sure now. Have to resort to getting a small folding trailer and put the kayaks or paddle boards on that. I can keep the trailer in the storage unit. The Bronco is pretty tall with Sasquatch and the 35" tires.

Sponsored

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I measured the height of my Basesquatch at the rear. I used a tape measure and placed a level on the rear of the top. I figured the rear was higher than the front with the slight rake being higher in the back. I measured 78" My garage door opening to the top of the door when open is about 80" measured with a tape measure so I barely clear by 2".

What got me measuring it is that I have a 10 X 20 storage unit at a storage unit place close to the house. I keep my Basesquatch at the house although keep my C6 Corvette in the Storage Unit. When I go to get the C6 to drive it I was planning to just put the Basesquatch in the unit. It looks like the opening is even less height than my garage door- judging from the top of my head to the opening at the top of the door when it is open all the way. I have not measured it but it may be too close to put the Basesquatch in the storage unit. I was going to get a roof rack for kayaks and paddle boards but won't be able to for sure now. Have to resort to getting a small folding trailer and put the kayaks or paddle boards on that. I can keep the trailer in the storage unit. The Bronco is pretty tall with Sasquatch and the 35" tires.
Yeah......so here's my options:

1. Keep my JLUR with roof racks (pretty likely actually)
2. Keep my Badlands (Non-SAS) order with roof racks
3. Get the SAS with roof racks, but only use them for surf trips - honestly, all of my boards can fit inside (kiteboards, 5'8" foil board, the occasional longboard I could shoot out the back).

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just want to comment on this thread as I'm looking to get either a Badlands SAS or a Raptor...well, the Raptor will unlikely fit width-wise in my 8 foot wide garage...it'd literally be an inch or two on each side and I'm not going to risk that every time I take it in and out. it's gonna get all scratched up.

This decision makes the Badlands (or other models) the only way to go for 8 foot wide garages.

I'm not worried about the height...

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How about getting the bronco you want and find a new home that will accommodate its girth. Or hire a carpenter and get bigger door.. relax...my old man is a television repair man and has a killer set of tools, we can fix it.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about getting the bronco you want and find a new home that will accommodate its girth. Or hire a carpenter and get bigger door.. relax...my old man is a television repair man and has a killer set of tools, we can fix it.
lol. If i could make a 9 foot garage or pull out the divider, I would...problem is that it is a weight bearing, structural beam....shucks.
Sponsored