Sponsored

Will Lariat Ranger 2.3 engine cover fit the Bronco?

Will_in_HiFi

Black Diamond
First Name
WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr BD Mansquatch, 1989 Bronco 2, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

...but the whole thing *is* foam...

Seriously. Molded and rubber-encapsulated, sure, but it squishes like a Nerf football...
A lot of newer direct injected cars have big foam covers to cut down the noise of the injectors.
Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone who installed this - did it cut down on idle noise of the engine. Let me clarify - not from inside the cabin, but standing outside the truck while it's idling?

Yes - direct injection engines are noisy (my '19 Mustang GT was as well) - but having a BB with no factory hood insulation, this is one of my only pet peeves with the Bronco. It's minor I know. But the Bronco is normally parked in my shop and the engine noise annoys me. Not enough to get a stupid loud exhaust for a 4 cylinder - but if this helps enough I will probably give it a shot.

UPDATE: I went ahead and ordered it. Ranger owners report some reduction in injector and pump noise at idle.

For those thinking they paid too much - they really didn't. I use two different Ford Parts sources. Both have just about the best prices around.

I paid $90 shipped w/ tax for the cover w/ all the hardware (2 studs, 2 nuts). Shipping is $15 or more for the cover - and the hardware is another $15-20.

Last edited:

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It fits - it was literally made for this engine. It snaps into a plastic post already mounting on the Bronco 2.3. It DID cut down on idle noise, so FOR ME - it was worth it.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to reduce noise.

But here within seconds of starting it all the fans kick in and it sounds like a tornado, so I don't think reducing injector noise would do much for me. :)

The highs will be over 100 everyday for the next week here.

Sponsored

Caribou

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Added the cover to my Ranger, then removed it due to heating issues when low speed wheeling. Won't be adding it to the Bronco

clewcrew

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base and 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Base
It fits, I did it.

Ford Bronco Will Lariat Ranger 2.3 engine cover fit the Bronco? 749B2D4D-C20B-4372-B2BA-7546F6A49C3E
Thanks for taking the time to take the photo. I getting the cover to quiet the sewing machine engine sound that Ford made for Go-Carts (except somehow, it is rated at 300HP).

Deleted member 32220

Buy the hood liner instead, it reduces noise by 2db at idle and covers ford’s unsightly bonding job of the inner and outer hood panels. A 2 year old could have bonded them neater. The engine cover is junk foam. If it was plastic I would have bought it.