Sponsored

Will leather / vinyl interior hold up better than cloth interior?

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

• Banned
I ordered with the cloth. Wife thinks the leather/vinyl may hold up better. Any thoughts ?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Probably easier to keep the leather clean. That's what I ordered for my Outer Banks. I also didn't want manual seats.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With regular cleaning and conditioning leather seats will last for decades, vinyl is hit and miss depending on manufacturer and sun (UV)exposure, you can condition vinyl, but not to the same extent as leather. Cloth will wear out the fastest, but is the easiest and cheapest to repair or replace, but i wouldn't expect the cloth to hold up to heavy use for more than 10 years without showing serious wear.

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As always, wife is right
But it's all in how you take care of it
With regular cleaning and conditioning leather seats will last for decades, vinyl is hit and miss depending on manufacturer and sun (UV)exposure, you can condition vinyl, but not to the same extent as leather. Cloth will wear out the fastest, but is the easiest and cheapest to repair or replace, but i wouldn't expect the cloth to hold up to heavy use for more than 10 years without showing serious wear.

This. Today's leather/vinyl products are worlds better than they were decades ago. Care for it properly and I think it will outlast the cloth.

Personally I prefer the MGV.

Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The leather seats in my 2002 F150 Lariat are still in great condition, granted I live in WA St, so dont have to worry about UV rays to much around here :cool:

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cloth should be a safe choice but will stain. My wife's car makes me cringe. Leather will last if you take care of it. Vinyl should be the best of cloth and leather and then some but since this is the first Ford to have them 🤷‍♂️. If it's a big concern, they make very good seat covers now. Personally feel less goofy putting them over cloth though.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Current cloth seats are basically indestructible. They do stain but wear wise, I’m not sure you can beat them. My 1995 Lightning seats 25 years later looked like new. My fathers 1999 Lightning seats that were leather (suede) trim, perforated leather inserts were shot after 15 years. I’m getting the MGV because that’s what comes with the truck but, I would not worry about how the cloth seats physically hold up. Staining..... don’t spill. They are awful for showing even water stains.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered with the cloth. Wife thinks the leather/vinyl may hold up better. Any thoughts ?
Well its your wife sooo cant lose by listening to her lol

I want to try out the MGV. I love the smell of leather and cloth can get kinda gross if you don't clean them regularly and if you dont cover them. Either way, seats are something that you can easily cover, repair or put in new seats all together. I have some fake leather Dodge seat covers that lasted for a couple years and they gave my car a more custom look and improved the old cloth seat odor lol

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am getting cloth and planning to upgrade to leather for a more personalized look. This forum introduced me to Katzkin and they are impressive. They have Bronco Sport seats that should give us an inkling to what the big Brono’s will get - at least for color matching.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After having numerous Fords with factory leather, I'd choose vinyl or cloth. Ford leather doesn't hold up well, at all. At least that has been my experience in 3-4 trucks, 2 mustangs, 2 expeditions and 1 explorer. :)
The leather is 'cheap' shows signs of ware in the first year even with monthly treatments. Just not great.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cloth traps stains and odors. I personally prefer leather but will be going with MGV for durability and ease of cleaning for my Badlands.

OP
OP
Blitzjb

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Leather trim is one of the items that may delay delivery. I’m sticking with the cloth. I want my 7/14 reservation as soon as I can get it.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Leather trim is one of the items that may delay delivery. I’m sticking with the cloth. I want my 7/14 reservation as soon as I can get it.
I'm not passing on something I really want just because it could be delayed. If I did that, I'd never be happy. I ordered what I want and if it takes too long, there are other vehicles I can purchase.
Sponsored