Sponsored

Will manual Bronco have auto start stop?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious if any of the new manual cars Ford makes comes with auto start/stop. I would guess no since you have to disengage clutch and gas when starting and may throw off the computers but want to see what you all think? Couldn’t find out if the new stangs have it or not in manual. I really really hope the Manual Bronco does NOT come with it!
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if any of the new manual cars Ford makes comes with auto start/stop. I would guess no since you have to disengage clutch and gas when starting and may throw off the computers but want to see what you all think? Couldn’t find out if the new stangs have it or not in manual. I really really hope the Manual Bronco does NOT come with it!
The Mustang manual transmission cars have Auto Start stop. Somewhere on the internet there is an article of a auto journalists take on that specific feature on his manual mustang and he didn't hate it at much as he thought he would have. At this point in time, I cant find the article but as soon as I find it, Ill edit this post.

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Mustang manual transmission cars have Auto Start stop. Somewhere on the internet there is an article of a auto journalists take on that specific feature on his manual mustang and he didn't hate it at much as he thought he would have. At this point in time, I cant find the article but as soon as I find it, Ill edit this post.
Thank you for the info. My Ranger and other cars I have driven have it and I don’t like it so I’m sure if it comes with it there will be a way to disable. On the Ranger it lags occasionally and makes me worried that one day it will lag when trying to get into traffic and I may not make it in time.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

From what I've read it only activates on a manual when it's in neutral and you're at a complete stop and once you engage the clutch it starts back. I don't want it either but there are very few times I ever have it neutral unless a very long light or traffic jam.

There's an override switch plus you can supposedly tune it out permanently, not sure how any of that works with the OTA updates with sync4.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what I've read it only activates on a manual when it's in neutral and you're at a complete stop and once you engage the clutch it starts back. I don't want it either but there are very few times I ever have it neutral unless a very long light or traffic jam.

There's an override switch plus you can supposedly tune it out permanently, not sure how any of that works with the OTA updates with sync4.
This I would be ok with since I’m always in 1st at a light with clutch pressed. I’m same way usually never in Neutral.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Eco mode only and/or neutral only would work just fine IMO

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've posted this before in one of the 18 other threads about this but I'll do it again...Auto start stop in Fords manuals is a complete non-issue. If you're the kind of person who (bizarrely) stays in 1st with the clutch mashed at lights the vehicle will stay running. It only shuts off in neutral with clutch out. It restarts the moment you press the clutch. You physically cannot get the clutch all the way down and the vehicle in gear faster than it will restart, its instant.

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've posted this before in one of the 18 other threads about this but I'll do it again...Auto start stop in Fords manuals is a complete non-issue. If you're the kind of person who (bizarrely) stays in 1st with the clutch mashed at lights the vehicle will stay running. It only shuts off in neutral with clutch out. It restarts the moment you press the clutch. You physically cannot get the clutch all the way down and the vehicle in gear faster than it will restart, its instant.
Considering my town doesn’t have any “Lights” then yes I am the one who bizarrely stays in first at stops lol You are forgetting some of us don’t live in cities with those fancy stop lights?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This I would be ok with since I’m always in 1st at a light with clutch pressed. I’m same way usually never in Neutral.
Considering my town doesn’t have any “Lights” then yes I am the one who bizarrely stays in first at stops lol You are forgetting some of us don’t live in cities with those fancy stop lights?
???

But for real, it will be a total non issue for you if your not spending any time in neutral.

Well, almost. The only time it ever annoys me is if I park my car and leave it locked but running when I go into a gas station. I'll come out to the car totally turned off. If you don't want that, you just hit the auto stop/start button real quick before you get out of the car. Takes half a second to disable.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's stupid specially in warmer weather climates. On one car I can permanently turn it off. On the F150 need Forscan

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they're putting this in MT vehicles, then they should offer the remote start factory option too. They have the sensors in place for it to not start up in gear, so...

Ford Bronco Will manual Bronco have auto start stop? giphy

...we have the technology.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every recent/current manual transmission vehicle with stop/start works the same way:
-If clutch is engaged, engine continues to idle
-If in neutral AND clutch disengaged AND engine oil is warm AND HVAC/accessory load is low, the engine will shut off
-Engaging the clutch will restart the engine

Unlike the implementation in vehicles with an AT, you have 100% control in a MT vehicle with stop/start. Don't want the engine to cut off at a stoplight? Just leave the clutch engaged. Want to restart the engine in anticipation of accelerating? Just disengage the clutch or put it in gear.

My MT BMW showed real-time fuel economy, and start/stop makes a noticeable impact. I've seen my average MPG drop by 1mpg or more over 20+ miles just by idling at a stop light.
Sponsored