Sponsored

Will MGV (marine grade vinyl) seats be constructed like typical car seats? Attached with hog clips? Asking for heated seat install aftermarket.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
If i get the MGV seats, will these be constructed like normal leather seats with a prestitched cover that's hooked on to the foam with hog rings/ clips? I plan to take the bronco to an upholsterer to add an aftermarket heated seat kit.

The benefit is that heated seats extends the top-off season of the vehicle. Can't get mid package with a MT :(

Edit: also, how hot are these things going to get in the sun?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably.

Badlands has the Manual Transmission and up to Lux if you want.
thanks yeah i guess I wasn't sure what kind of answer I was expecting :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't see why it wouldn't be attached using whatever Ford is currently using... it could be magnets for all I know with the crazy interior team.
yeah i just wasn't sure since it's "wash out" if it had some special foam or glue or something

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nah, they're going to call it "wash out" and then--in the fine print--tell you not to wash it out.
LOL exactly - my dad's honda element had a "wash out" interior - it was actually pretty awesome. never actually hosed it though :ROFLMAO:

I'm just tired of cloth seats and wants something easier to clean.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used to always carry towels in my Jeep. Works in a pinch.
Yeah my TJ had cloth and never thought twice about it - but having had leather seats since it would be hard for me to go back to cloth. my TJ seats were also destroyed after about 5 years with the top down

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah my TJ had cloth and never thought twice about it - but having had leather seats since it would be hard for me to go back to cloth. my TJ seats were also destroyed after about 5 years with the top down
For further context, my YJ had light gray vinyl and they would get scorching in the SoCal sun. I got into the habit of throwing a towel over my seat and over the steering wheel whenever I knew it was going to be in the sun for any length of time. I worry a little about the dark gray seats in the Badlands but I guess I'll learn to live with it.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am planning on a Base with katskinz or black diamond and seeing how I like the vinyl. I have used katskinz in the past for my f350 work truck and they came out pretty good. About 2 grand for the 2 rows in leather installed. Plus you can customize the colors a bit and add heat and maybe vents. Ford Bronco Will MGV (marine grade vinyl) seats be constructed like typical car seats? Attached with hog clips? Asking for heated seat install aftermarket. 1611706830048

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am planning on a Base with katskinz or black diamond and seeing how I like the vinyl. I have used katskinz in the past for my f350 work truck and they came out pretty good. About 2 grand for the 2 rows in leather installed. Plus you can customize the colors a bit and add heat and maybe vents. Ford Bronco Will MGV (marine grade vinyl) seats be constructed like typical car seats? Attached with hog clips? Asking for heated seat install aftermarket. 1611706830048
So this is exactly where I started out. Base M/T 2.3 2 Door with Katzkin + Degreez heated cooling by local upholsterer. I priced it at approximately $2500-3000 with heated seats.

What I'm realizing now is that by going up to black diamond MT 2.3 2-Door, I can get the premium MGV seats, and adding aftermarket heaters is much less expensive (less than $500) by a good upholsterer.

Additionally, i actually like the black diamond wheels and tires, which was going to be another upgrade cost on the base (probably another $2k)

Considering the black diamond comes with MGV, good wheels and tires, and the rear locker, it turned into a no-brainer when it was only going to cost an extra $1k (via the granger deal.)

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this is exactly where I started out. Base M/T 2.3 2 Door with Katzkin + Degreez heated cooling by local upholsterer. I priced it at approximately $2500-3000 with heated seats.

What I'm realizing now is that by going up to black diamond MT 2.3 2-Door, I can get the premium MGV seats, and adding aftermarket heaters is much less expensive (less than $500) by a good upholsterer.

Additionally, i actually like the black diamond wheels and tires, which was going to be another upgrade cost on the base (probably another $2k)

Considering the black diamond comes with MGV, good wheels and tires, and the rear locker, it turned into a no-brainer when it was only going to cost an extra $1k (via the granger deal.)
This is where I'm at too. I'm just not sure I'm going to like the stock vinyl seats. I THINK the bad photos I have seen are early build. I do know Katskinz are easy and quick. Most dealers are installers. The way I see it the BD adds $7,500 but a base with $5,000 sasq is a better option in some ways. Tough to decide. I have an early res, but I'm going to push to '22 to see what aftermarket offers.
Sponsored