Sponsored

Will MGV (marine grade vinyl) seats be constructed like typical car seats? Attached with hog clips? Asking for heated seat install aftermarket.

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is where I'm at too. I'm just not sure I'm going to like the stock vinyl seats. I THINK the bad photos I have seen are early build. I do know Katskinz are easy and quick. Most dealers are installers. The way I see it the BD adds $7,500 but a base with $5,000 sasq is a better option in some ways. Tough to decide. I have an early res, but I'm going to push to '22 to see what aftermarket offers.
Yeah I was not considering squatch on the base i can't do 35s daily and I don't like the wheels anyway. To do wheels, tires, leather and heated seats on base professionally installed would be $5k - the more recent pics of vinyl I saw are actually what changed my mind they look pretty nice to me:

EDIT: These pics are a BADLANDS interior - the black diamond interior is the same, except it has two tone vinyl (black with gray accents) instead of the all black here.

Ford Bronco Will MGV (marine grade vinyl) seats be constructed like typical car seats? Attached with hog clips? Asking for heated seat install aftermarket. 2021 Bronco marine grade vinyl seats interior

Ford Bronco Will MGV (marine grade vinyl) seats be constructed like typical car seats? Attached with hog clips? Asking for heated seat install aftermarket. 2021 Bronco Vinyl Seats Rear

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably.

Badlands has the Manual Transmission and up to Lux if you want.
You...... You.... Ba$TRD! I'm ready to place my order Friday! Now I have to ask myself whether I want the 7mt with the 2.3? For 2k more I'll note..... Save gas, theft proof, I'm getting old for a stick.... And hate that cheese grater grill,don't need disconnect.... Didn't know there was a mix with 7mt/2.3....great.

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You...... You.... Ba$TRD! I'm ready to place my order Friday! Now I have to ask myself whether I want the 7mt with the 2.3? For 2k more I'll note..... Save gas, theft proof, I'm getting old for a stick.... And hate that cheese grater grill,don't need disconnect.... Didn't know there was a mix with 7mt/2.3....great.
to each their own! - Manual and 2-door were my only two must-have features. I need that crawler gear for traffic! ;)

MT only comes in 2.3! I think in a 2 door it's going to be a perfect combo.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • You're not too old for a stick
  • The grilles will swap easily and it's a nod to the early Bronco
  • You are too old to manually disconnect the sway bar
  • I'm the spitting image of my father which pissed me off in my teen years, but I'm okay with it now that I'm more mature

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

to each their own! - Manual and 2-door were my only two must-have features. I need that crawler gear for traffic! ;)

MT only comes in 2.3! I think in a 2 door it's going to be a perfect combo.
The only way I'd get the 2.3 is with a stick. It'll be fine. I had the first 4wd Toyota van in western burbs... 4 cyl and stick... Fantastic! 2.3 has Turbo.....

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If i get the MGV seats, will these be constructed like normal leather seats with a prestitched cover that's hooked on to the foam with hog rings/ clips? I plan to take the bronco to an upholsterer to add an aftermarket heated seat kit.

The benefit is that heated seats extends the top-off season of the vehicle. Can't get mid package with a MT :(

Edit: also, how hot are these things going to get in the sun?
Have we heard officially if MGV with mid/high/lux will have heated seats? I know everything says they will but... It being a bit counterintuitive to washout and the b&p issues still make me wonder

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have we heard officially if MGV with mid/high/lux will have heated seats? I know everything says they will but... It being a bit counterintuitive to washout and the b&p issues still make me wonder
I think they will, i know a lot of boats have them too. waterproof connectors.

What I'm wondering is if the the stitching and accents on the Black Diamond interior will match the exterior color.....

Shanesully

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any update on this? I want heated seats on the BD and don’t want to pay for all the extras on the BL.

Shanesully

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Checking in with this. Betting my manual BD soon and want to know if there’s any way to add aftermarket heated seats without switching the seats entirely
Sponsored