Sponsored

Will my Order be Auto-Canceled if I don't Re-Order?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am one of those who got the E Mail from Ford that I have been bumped off the chart- have to go into the dealership and reorder and reconfigure from scratch in October a 2022 model. I wonder how many of you are in the same boat?

I have pretty much lost all hope and if I did re-order who knows where I will be on the list and either get a very late 2022 or be into 2023. It's too far out for me.

Very disappointing given I am an early AM 7/14 reservation. I do have all the constraints though- 2 door, Sas and 2.7.

So I have decided not to re-order and will not be going back to the dealer. So is my order auto-canceled and no further action required?
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You were bumped to MY22 because you have a hard top. If you have no VIN at this point, then you are automatically a MY22. Just go to your dealer when the ordering opens up for MY22 and get your order updated. There might be a few changes like a new color, an option package, or different combo. There are a lot of others in the same boat as you. I wouldn't sweat it. We're all disappointed.

mpoteet

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 79 CJ5, 78 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be sure and call and let them know you are canceling, OP. Don't just chance it. I'm going to roll mine to a 2023 to get one of the other tops myself. Whats one more year, right?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your date/time stamp will move with you, so there's no worry there. Let's hope the hard top issue is behind us, and the computer chips start rolling in. If that happens MAP should get us in our Bronco's pretty fast. Don't give up just yet. With your res date your's will be one of the first out of MAP when Ford starts the '22. build. As my dear old Grandma used to say, "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater". And, you know we always have to listen to Grandma. :)
'

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am one of those who got the E Mail from Ford that I have been bumped off the chart- have to go into the dealership and reorder and reconfigure from scratch in October a 2022 model. I wonder how many of you are in the same boat?

I have pretty much lost all hope and if I did re-order who knows where I will be on the list and either get a very late 2022 or be into 2023. It's too far out for me.

Very disappointing given I am an early AM 7/14 reservation. I do have all the constraints though- 2 door, Sas and 2.7.

So I have decided not to re-order and will not be going back to the dealer. So is my order auto-canceled and no further action required?
My dealer told me just to email them the changes - they plan on just re-entering the orders as they currently are.

Also, as an early July 14th reservation (I am mid day), unless your order include the slipped-to-ā€˜23 Mod top, you should be a 1Q build. Ford should have had more than enough time to sort out and build up commodity availability versus whatā€™s ordered.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you've put no money down except the $100, I'd sit on this decision. There's no reason to act now, although I get the frustration! I think you are in an enviable position if you have a car you can drive for the next 6-9 months. You will have more options, colors, etc available at the September reorder, and will be able to tweak your options based on what you're seeing delivered. My OBX is stuck in MIC purgatory, and there are some things I would change if I were ordering now, but its too late!

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer told me just to email them the changes - they plan on just re-entering the orders as they currently are.

Also, as an early July 14th reservation (I am mid day), unless your order include the slipped-to-ā€˜23 Mod top, you should be a 1Q build. Ford should have had more than enough time to sort out and build up commodity availability versus whatā€™s ordered.
A Q1 build would be awesome and I would still have hope although I am lowest priority at my dealership and they have hundreds of orders and some if not most of the people have a connection to get "priority" or initial allocation. So if I am at the bottom of the barrel, I would assume late 2022 at best.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

@JT58Bronc Was there an email outside of the mass blast from Ford about the roof issues and pushing to '22? I haven't seen anything additional and I am also 7/14 morning, BL\MIC\Lux\Tow, so I'm sure in the same boat.

acbaldwi`

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JT58Bronc Was there an email outside of the mass blast from Ford about the roof issues and pushing to '22? I haven't seen anything additional and I am also 7/14 morning, BL\MIC\Lux\Tow, so I'm sure in the same boat.

yeah i didnt get anything actually does this mean i wasnt pushed?

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
yeah i didnt get anything actually does this mean i wasnt pushed?
I received the E Mail directly from FORD (not the dealer) last Friday. So you might still be on target for a 2021.

Sponsored

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have no vin# and have no communication from Ford. It's been very frustrating. Maybe that means I will get it this year?

acbaldwi`

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received the E Mail directly from FORD (not the dealer) last Friday. So you might still be on target for a 2021.
i honestly dont see how lol considering i was a 6/21 order but sure ill take it :)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Q1 build would be awesome and I would still have hope although I am lowest priority at my dealership and they have hundreds of orders and some if not most of the people have a connection to get "priority" or initial allocation. So if I am at the bottom of the barrel, I would assume late 2022 at best.
Sounds like you've got some funny info.

Dealerships only got 1 or 2 "priority" orders.... so that's not a factor.

Connections don't do anything for "initial allocation." It is all based on Time Stamp, nothing the dealer can do to game that (other than not convert people).

Your rank based on time stamp will follow you into MY22. The need to submit an updated order is just a technicality because options change and the system wont allow ford to build a MY22 with MY21 options.

Now, if your otherwise early reservation is still really far down the list because your dealer has many reservations that are earlier than you, there's nothing you can do about that other than change your build to try to get pulled before them.

But all that said, I would not sweat having to "start over" with a MY22...

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I WAS a Wildtrak order with tow package. I also got bumped. Going to test drive a 2022 Defender this Friday. Weā€™ll see where that goes. I donā€™t anticipate reordering a Bronco but am sitting on itā€¦ for now.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to clarify here; is this the email we're talking about? If so, this was just a generic blast and doesn't specify any timeframe and was not to certain reservation holders. If you were 7/14 res, I can't imagine you (or myself) being pushed out to '23. Even with MIC top and other constraints. I mean, anything is possible with this top debacle... but if people with a reservation within 24 hours of launch aren't getting their Bronco by Spring\Summer '22... Oh boy.

Ford Bronco Will my Order be Auto-Canceled if I don't Re-Order? 1629221731674
Sponsored