will MY22 be the "update" year where they fix things? or will that be MY23

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems that MY21 is going to be a "beta test" if you will and ford will receive massive amounts of feedback on the product from customers (including bad problems not caught during whatever testing they do)

Based on the high speed rollout , can we expect MY 22 to have fixes to the first year? or is MY22 simply the launch vehicles with all the original enhancements that ford wanted to launch with , including accessories like mod tops and similar things , but could not because of covid shortages?

Basically im deciding right now if i want to wait for 22. But if its really just going to be the same car as model year 21 with new tops , i dont see the point (even if i want the new tops)
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would guess constant change.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would guess constant change.
Right but it seems like the my21 and my22 is really the same year but we are facing unprecedented demand and shortage from covid. Can we really expect major changes from the car itself in that short time frame? Or is ford going to prioritize just getting as many cars out there as possible and fixing things in later years

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Someone can comment of Ford history with this. I do know the ā€˜07 and ā€˜08 Jeep JKs had very little different between them. I would imagine the focus will be more on fine tuning production and supply chain than rear AC vents, towing capacity or 2.7L with 7MT.

If the latter two show up, it will be after they get all the reservations out the door, and the dealer inventory up and running. And I am betting 2.7 7MT takes a back seat to Warthog and PHeV launches.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should wait, you clearly have a lot of questions so why rush in?

Sponsored
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone can comment of Ford history with this. I do know the ā€˜07 and ā€˜08 Jeep JKs had very little different between them. I would imagine the focus will be more on fine tuning production and supply chain than rear AC vents, towing capacity or 2.7L with 7MT.

If the latter two show up, it will be after they get all the reservations out the door, and the dealer inventory up and running. And I am betting 2.7 7MT takes a back seat to Warthog and PHeV launches.
Ya im not even talking about huge stuff like new transmissions and engines and all that stuff

im talking about little things like the rear seats being carpet instead of rubber

fixes like that

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

because im sick of covid and a bronco would allow me to escape all this bullshit
Then you're going to need to suck it up and go for it. MY22's are not going to be 'fixing' anything, they'll be adding capability. So unless you're sprung on a different motor/trans combo, color or other mechanical changes go for it.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
im talking about stuff that ford would not have noticed during testing or overlooked

we all know how car manufacturing is , cant account for every failure

not just that but small improvements , like just as an example the carpet on the back of the seats replaced with something waterproof

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
No major updates, it'll basically be the same, they will learn things during assembly and their is always TSBs that occur and so at least those will be rolled into MY22. When I bought my 15 F-150 it was toward the later half of 2015 builds and a lot of the small issues were worked out by the time I got my truck and I was also able to have the dealer fix a few known small issues before I purchased it. I wonder if they will take feedback and allow for certain options to be available on some trims or not.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My bet is cosmetic changes or minor changes in build. No way will they have enough input from 2021 vehicles to know what possible major changes to make.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ya im not even talking about huge stuff like new transmissions and engines and all that stuff

im talking about little things like the rear seats being carpet instead of rubber

fixes like that
That might be MY 22. Maybe mid 7MT below Badlands too.
Sponsored