Litestorm17

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT 4WD, 06 Focus ZX5 2.5L Swap
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just based on past Ford vehicles, the introductory years may have more creaks and rattles than the later years, and that's about it. They also may make minor changes that don't really change functionality, but reduce production costs. I'll list some examples below on the MK1 Focus, as that's what I'm most familiar with.

- In 00 and through early 01, the front airbag is smaller and has dimples on it for the horn. You can actually see this in the marketing material for the SVT Focus, which wasn't released until 02 with the updated airbag with no dimples
- MY00 cars have no body control module, and all the vehicle electrics are routed through the hazard switch just above the radio bezel (which is fun troubleshooting when that year starts having electrical issues). MY01 and above all received a General Electrics Module, which controls the radio, AC, wipers, headlight operation, etc.
- 00 and 01.5 had a slightly different shifter design, I can't remember the exact specifics on what's different though, but they are not cross-compatible
- 00 Zetec engines had an aluminum intake manifold, that was replaced with a plastic design. The aluminum design was kept and sold through Ford Racing
- 04 Zetec/Zetec-R has a slightly different alternator as it's clutched vs 00-03 being a single pulley
- In 05, the Focus received a facelift, but cars built in 04 as a MY05 have a different knuckle because they used a smaller diameter shock

I imagine any changes made to the Bronco will be stuff like that. Maybe better fit and finish, new options, but I really can't imagine any major design changes.
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't imagine significant changes in MY22. They're gonna roll right from 21 production to 22, and aside from the things we know about that were originally MY21 that got bumped, it just wouldn't make sense to make many more changes that quickly. It's why I'm going ahead and getting a MY21, with the knowledge that I can trade in a "first-year model" in 2-3 years when they do make some upgrades.

Might be wrong about all that, and MY21 ends up being a dog, but I doubt it!

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Likely it will be just be a few small changes to add rear cupholders, replace carpet with rubber on seat backs, exterior/interior color offerings, the heritage trim and maybe some adjustments to the options that are in each package.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
im talking about stuff that ford would not have noticed during testing or overlooked
They will have barely delivered any of the "21's" before they start making 22's. So, no, nothing of consequence will have been learned in such a short time.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My expectations for MY22 would be:

1) Rear cup holders in arm rest optionable for all trim and material levels
2) Rubberized seat backs in second row
3) Relocation of front camera
4) Four new exterior colors (some choices locked by trim level)
5) Brown interior option
6) Simplified, rationalized interiors across all trim levels
6) One or two special editions
7) Revised modular top
8) Mansquatch

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The better question is what won't you get as the model years go on. Every year vehicles go through cost cutting actions.

Less NVH isolators or underbody shielding is a common one. Maybe finishes on interior surfaces change to a cheaper material, or the tactile feel of switches changes from a $1 part to a $0.25 part...who knows?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The better question is what won't you get as the model years go on. Every year vehicles go through cost cutting actions.

Less NVH isolators or underbody shielding is a common one. Maybe finishes on interior surfaces change to a cheaper material, or the tactile feel of switches changes from a $1 part to a $0.25 part...who knows?
Spot on. 22s will have engineering tweaks to add features, fix small issues and reduce cost. 23,24,25....same process every year.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

This. Wait until the bean counters sharpen their pencils. It's happened with the F-150.
Sponsored