Sponsored

Will Ordering from Large Volume Incentivizing Dealers Delay Your Delivery?

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First Post....thanks to all for the great information found here!

I'm not familiar with Ford's dealer ordering system, so this "food for thought" is based on my experience with ordering a BMW X3 a few years back. At the time the Gen 2 X3 was being released. The dealers were afforded only a certain number of build spots in which to order both dealer and customer vehicles. This of course was to insure no one dealer would dominate. If this is, or close to Ford's system, will your order from a high volume order dealer cause your build date to be pushed out?
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It shouldn't matter. Supposedly there's a dealer with 500 reservations.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It won’t have an effect according to the reservation FAQs...as they will be built roughly in accordance with reservation order. My local Ford dealer swears there will be a big delay if I switch to to the WV dealer, but I think he’s full of crap and plan on switching anyway.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I read somewhere on this forum that Ford Bronco logistics is going to be closer to the Tesla ordering/fulfilling model. There’s actually a cost savings to one dealer having a ton of reservations and one location to deliver to. It’s 2020 and with the internet, it’s harder to hide ADM one county over. It will definitely be worth finding the most honest one that deserves your business.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, Albert with Granger has said multiple times it won’t be an issue and they have gotten complaints from competing dealers asking them to stop marketing and they were told by Ford they were doing nothing wrong and were free to run their business as they saw fit.

They’ll build the cars as the orders come in, they’ll ship them out as the trucks fill to certain locations. If anything going to a dealership with more orders might expedite your shipping because they can fill a truck faster.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It shouldn't matter. Supposedly there's a dealer with 500 reservations.
My dealer had over 300 when I checked about a month ago. I think you'll see most of the larger dealers with big numbers. If Ford goes mostly by reservation date, only a fraction of each dealers orders would be placed at one time and not hold others up.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It won’t have an effect according to the reservation FAQs...as they will be built roughly in accordance with reservation order. My local Ford dealer swears there will be a big delay if I switch to to the WV dealer, but I think he’s full of crap and plan on switching anyway.
But he has no incentive to lie to you. :p

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What matters is when you place your order, not your reservation number. If Fred has reservation #1 and Ralph has reservation #2000, Ford isn’t going to wait on Fred if Ralph places his order first.

Moving your reservation is exactly that, moving your reservation. The only thing that matters is when you place your order.

If the guy is blowing smoke now...

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What matters is when you place your order, not your reservation number. If Fred has reservation #1 and Ralph has reservation #2000, Ford isn’t going to wait on Fred if Ralph places his order first.

Moving your reservation is exactly that, moving your reservation. The only thing that matters is when you place your order.

Actually, from what I understand is that all the orders will be made in December. Ford will take those orders and prioritize based on reservation. I would think that there will be a deadline on ordering or you risk losing your spot in line.

Production doesn't start until January; I would think ordering will be complete by then. So Ralph and Fred should maintain their spots in line, as long as they order within the required timeframe.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That's not true....as long as you place your order within the time window designated by Ford, when you do it within that is meaningless. It goes (roughly) by reservation order. Ford will take all of the orders placed duering that window and produce based on resrvation order, with some variation based on trim level. That peice is pretty well documented.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[
Actually, from what I understand is that all the orders will be made in December. Ford will take those orders and prioritize based on reservation. I would think that there will be a deadline on ordering or you risk losing your spot in line.

Production doesn't start until January; I would think ordering will be complete by then. So Ralph and Fred should maintain their spots in line, as long as they order within the required timeframe.
I believe this is somewhat correct, but I think production will start later than January. Ford will reshuffle orders a bit to group similar builds together. But it has been pretty well established that the timestamp on your reservation is your spot in line and Ford plans on building in that order or as close as they can.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m going to throw some food for thought out there.... We can’t seem to find out what the reservation numbers mean as far as order from when people placed reservation vs their “spot” in line. I have a feeling Ford wants and needs this thing to sell like hot cakes so they want Broncos driving out around every state in the country to get free advertisement by people seeing them on the roads. I would bet that Ford will be thinking about what areas of the countries need more on the road and try to spread out the Broncos to different dealers/areas for reservation holders so they aren’t all piled in one location. Just my opinion though.

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's not true....as long as you place your order within the time window designated by Ford, when you do it within that is meaningless. It goes (roughly) by reservation order. Ford will take all of the orders placed duering that window and produce based on resrvation order, with some variation based on trim level. That peice is pretty well documented.
If Fred has reservation #1 and Ralph has reservation #2000 and Fred places his order a month after Ralph, Ford isn't waiting on Ralph. That's not how production is done. If you miss the window, you miss the window.

As the orders come in, Ford will start production planning. Orders will be locked down to specific days in the future and won't be changed.

The window you speak of is very narrow.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Fred has reservation #1 and Ralph has reservation #2000 and Fred places his order a month after Ralph, Ford isn't waiting on Ralph. That's not how production is done. If you miss the window, you miss the window.
What you said was false and misleading. Re-read my post or many others on the process, or go to Ford FAQs. No one discussed missing a window, that is obvious. When you place the order within that window is meaningless, as long as you get it in. Reservation order is what dictates production. You don't get the order in within the window, you don't get to order at all within this process.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As the orders come in, Ford will start production planning. Orders will be locked down to specific days in the future and won't be changed.

The window you speak of is very narrow.
Yes, but the window is there. Probably at most 2 weeks. Ford has already said several times for orders placed during the time period, production will follow reservation order as close as possible. Your reservation spot does matter and will be considered in production planning. The window will close well before production starts. It won’t hold anything up.
Sponsored