Sponsored

Will pre-production uncertainty lead to production quality issues?

ejkre

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I personally think the answer is no, but I have some more thoughts. For starters, I work in an industry that has been very turbulent through the pandemic - aviation. That's to say, I have a glimpse, as I'm sure many others do, that some of these issues are difficult for large corporations to deal with. I do wish they would communicate more clearly and give us actual dates for things like B&P. Even if they don't make the date they set by a reasonable margin, I'm sure many of us would not be as upset as we are when they just don't tell us anything at all. I think communication is a problem.

For the X-Plan, while it doesn't affect me much, I understand others' gripe about it. I also understand why Ford won't accept it though. Because they're a big business that's responsible to shareholders and they will sell as many vehicles as they make for just about as much as they want, the benefits of the improved customer experience don't outweigh the benefits of the added profit.

My question is with all of this stuff changing, do you think that it will be reflected in the quality of the vehicles? I seem to see a lot of concern over that, and I think that Ford still knows how to make cars just as they have been. While it might take them longer due to supply chain shortages and commodity availability, I think they'll still turn out typical Ford quality vehicles. Now, tell me why I'm wrong.
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s cool donā€™t accept Xplan but fu$ckin communicate it through email or a letter or a carrier pigeon I donā€™t give a shit how but let your customer base who actually pay and actually drive shareholders know...
Ridiculous and makes me wonder if this company is poorly ran with little clue how to properly interact with their customer base

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lets face these broncos are like crack to a junkie ,early broncos are going for crazy prices ford can make some real money off these.
With that i think we are all in uncharted ground with this truck many in the industry have stated they have NEVER seen such a following for a new release. That has to be hard for any company if the demand is that rabid.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do wish they would communicate more clearly and give us actual dates for things like B&P.
Thereā€™s literally a giant counter at the top of the site counting down to when B&P goes live lol. But I agree for the most part.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lets face these broncos are like crack to a junkie ,early broncos are going for crazy prices ford can make some real money off these.
With that i think we are all in uncharted ground with this truck many in the industry have stated they have NEVER seen such a following for a new release. That has to be hard for any company if the demand is that rabid.
I certainly agree. Inasmuch as I keep my vehicles forever the choice is the potential future value of a first year edition vs waiting until the initial enthusiasm wears off and picking up a deal in couple of years.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thereā€™s literally a giant counter at the top of the site counting down to when B&P goes live lol. But I agree for the most part.
What they were saying is Ford themselves have completely left us in the dark on a lot of stuff (which I understand itā€™s still being worked out with details) so letā€™s say this B&P does go live this Friday, Ford has not said that to any of us at all and other than those on this site or on social media would not know. Even the X plan stuff was not given to us as consumers we had to find out through this forum. So I get what he was saying. They need to stop playing this new age social media crap and send out emails to their reservation holders (cough cough and investors) so us old school people can get information too.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ejkre

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well yeah, now there is, obviously. The vehicle was unveiled 3 months ago though, and we didn't know about it until a couple days ago.

OP
OP

ejkre

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I agree. I don't know how strong they expected the demand to be, but I can understand how they've had to walk back some things or disappoint some customers just so they can fill their orders.

Last edited:

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What they were saying is Ford themselves have completely left us in the dark on a lot of stuff (which I understand itā€™s still being worked out with details) so letā€™s say this B&P does go live this Friday, Ford has not said that to any of us at all and other than those on this site or on social media would not know. Even the X plan stuff was not given to us as consumers we had to find out through this forum. So I get what he was saying. They need to stop playing this new age social media crap and send out emails to their reservation holders (cough cough and investors) so us old school people can get information too.
I believe the plan was to announce X-Plan exclusion at the same time B&P went live, probably on the site or in an email to be sent Thurs or Fri. A dealer leaked that information prior so Ford had to confirm.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe the plan was to announce X-Plan exclusion at the same time B&P went live, probably on the site or in an email to be sent Thurs or Fri. A dealer leaked that information prior so Ford had to confirm.
Yea I take back my statement. I saw where Ford told dealers the info was ā€œleakedā€ and supposedly they did want to tell everyone officially. I guess that is part of the reason we havenā€™t been told officially on different stuff is because we know the info way sooner than Ford thought lol

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea I take back my statement. I saw where Ford told dealers the info was ā€œleakedā€ and supposedly they did want to tell everyone officially. I guess that is part of the reason we havenā€™t been told officially on different stuff is because we know the info way sooner than Ford thought lol
This site too fast with an army of informants. Ford has got to learn! Haha
Sponsored