Sponsored

Will Raptor's upgraded tow capacity (4500lbs) apply to all Broncos?

Kerney

Outer Banks
First Name
Kerney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Miata SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They just released the bronco raptor and the key thing for me is the towing jumped to 4500. I don't want all the other stuff but need the towing. They glanced over the changes but showed an increased brace and said something about increased cooling. Usually the raptors have less towing capability so im wondering if the 2023s will get higher tow ratings.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
IIRC it had something to do with the Raptor exhaust system allowed them to move the mufflers which allowed them to use a different hitch which allowed for more towing...but I could be wrong.

So I don't think it will apply to future Broncos

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

IIRC it had something to do with the Raptor exhaust system allowed them to move the mufflers which allowed them to use a different hitch which allowed for more towing...but I could be wrong.

So I don't think it will apply to future Broncos
I have been looking at those braces they added, and they may or may not be shaped to go under a muffler.

That said the Raptor has electronic shocks that can probably be put into tow mode, and hood/fender vents for the increased cooling.

What will be telling is if the Everglades comes out with increased capacity or not. If they can strap those brackets on an Everglades, then we’ll know more about the likelihood of increases for 2023.

At least they have heard and figured out how to get the Raptor to 4500 lbs.

Also, the Raptor has bigger front and rear brake rotors which I am hoping become a Ford Performance kit for the regular Broncos.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Increased towing and plow prep would be a great 2023 upgrade for all trim levels.
Sponsored