Sponsored

Will the 2-door have optional roof rails? Can I add cross bars?

BoatBuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Weird on the 4-door with Sasquatch. Are the tires in the Sasquatch only load C rated? Just another reason to pull the Goodyears and have a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers ready to go on.
I've been trying to find info on the 35" Goodyear Territory M/T tires without much luck.
Sponsored

BoatBuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Weird on the 4-door with Sasquatch. Are the tires in the Sasquatch only load C rated? Just another reason to pull the Goodyears and have a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers ready to go on.
That wording is weird. Makes it seem like the roof rails won't be available with a squatch? I hope your interpretation is correct.
Good question about tire load rating. When I saw that note in the table, I just assumed that the 4-door (already taller than the 2-door) + Squatch + roof rails were too tall for standard home garage doors. According to the specs, a Wildtrak (which includes Squatch) plus the rails would be just over 6.5 feet. So I guess I was wrong.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah those Yakima platforms look badass. Seems much more useable than the Rhino Rack version because it has cross rails instead of lengthwise ones.
Looks like both. Lengthwise rails give the cross rails the mounting points

MasonCv

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Err.. Audi, but I'm converting to a Bronco.
That wording is weird. Makes it seem like the roof rails won't be available with a squatch? I hope your interpretation is correct.
This may not be relvant to us but while I was messing around in the Bronco sport configurator I noticed that the options for factory mounted tents/awning varied on the actual version you chose, which doesn't make much sense, so its entirely possible they pull a weird one on us like that.

Sponsored

BoatBuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The typical accessory mounts (carriers for skis, kayaks, fishing rods, etc.) are designed to go on regular cross rails. Even rooftop tents. On Jeep forums you'll see people with tents and the like wishing they had gone with cross rails instead of the Rhino platform because things are easier to mount. And the Yakima platform is essentially a bunch of cross rails.
The typical accessory mounts (carriers for skis, kayaks, fishing rods, etc.) are designed to go on regular cross rails. Even rooftop tents. On Jeep forums you'll see people with tents and the like wishing they had gone with cross rails instead of the Rhino platform because things are easier to mount. And the Yakima platform is essentially a bunch of cross rails.
So maybe Ford or the OEM manufacturer (Yakima, I believe) could design the longitudinal rails with built in cross rails. That would add functionality and maintain in a lower profile rack.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So maybe Ford or the OEM manufacturer (Yakima, I believe) could design the longitudinal rails with built in cross rails. That would add functionality and maintain in a lower profile rack.
The cross rails look super low-profile in the pics. Also, you can mount a platform directly to the roof rails.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hope to purchase the roof rails for my 2 door black Wildtrak and mount my kayak. The kayak is going to look huge on the 2 door! ?
Ford Bronco Will the 2-door have optional roof rails? Can I add cross bars? 792CCA8F-708A-4AAD-8A7E-2A5E0FEFD73E
Sponsored