First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Buick Lucerne
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will the 2021 model year be short with the 2022 model year starting in fall of 2021?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will the 2021 model year be short with the 2022 model year starting in fall of 2021?
Do we know if the 22 model year will start in the fall? Not all model years start at the same time.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How Ford chooses to label units coming off the line isn't really consequential. Folks generally equate model year change with added features/colors...but if I had to speculate, the units that roll off the line in May '21 will be identical to the units rolling off the line in September '22, with the possible addition of white/body-colored tops.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It pains me to say it, but with such delays, would it not make sense to basically make all FEs in 2021, and then non FEs starting 2022?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It pains me to say it, but with such delays, would it not make sense to basically make all FEs in 2021, and then non FEs starting 2022?
Moderator, please put this gent in the first 'time out' of 2021

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Model Year designation is defined by CFR Part 49 565.12. Model Year means the year used by the manufacturer to designate a discrete vehicle model. The model year designation can be irrespective of the calendar year the vehicle is actually produced provided the production period does not exceed 24 months.

So that means that Ford can designate all the prospective 170,000 (my estimate) orders (i.e. NOT $100 reservations) between Mid-January to March 19, 2021 as MY 2021 vehicles as long as Ford can build all of them within a 24-month timespan.

Now, if Ford has supply chain part changes that are planned for MY 2022 production, then the statements Ford just made about some orders will drift to MY 2022 can be true and late production of reservation holders can take advantage of MY 2022 content changes/option availability.

I think if Ford can build all the reservation orders (reservations converted to vehicle orders via the dealership process) within 24 months of Bronco production start, then most of us will get a MY 2021 VIN.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Model Year" designation is defined by CFR Part 49 565.12 (US Code of Federal Regulations). Model Year means the year used by the manufacturer to designate a discrete vehicle model. The model year designation can be irrespective of the calendar year the vehicle is actually produced provided the production period does not exceed 24 months.

So that means that Ford can designate all the prospective 170,000 (my estimate) orders (i.e. NOT $100 reservations) between Mid-January to March 19, 2021 as MY 2021 vehicles as long as Ford can build all of them within a 24-month timespan.

Now, if Ford has supply chain part changes that are planned for MY 2022 production, then the statements Ford just made about some orders will drift to MY 2022 can be true and late production of reservation holders can take advantage of MY 2022 content changes/option availability.

I think if Ford can build all the reservation orders (reservations converted to vehicle orders via the dealership process) within 24 months of Bronco production start, then most of us will get a MY 2021 VIN.
Is there a reason for the clandestine font color? The light font on a white background is too difficult to read.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a suspicious feeling ford is only gonna make 50k MY21

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is there a reason for the clandestine font color? The light font on a white background is too difficult to read.
I'm using the dark background scheme and cut and pasted the text from my December 15th post when I first posted the information. I guess the cut and paste picked up the background. I've now switched text color. Does it show better now?

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Serious question. Why would it bother someone if the vehicle they got in the second half of ‘21 was called a ‘22?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not an answer to you @Rebel Bronc but rather some history of the release times.

Article from Car and Driver

Take a look at this excerpt though: "by" MIGHT come into play again, just not in "so many" words...

" Some 80 years later, the tradition of releasing new vehicles in the final months of the preceding calendar year remains common. This custom, however, is by no means set in stone. Under Environmental Protection Agency rules, manufacturers can introduce a next-model-year vehicle for public sale as early as January 2 of the preceding calendar year—for example, a 2018-model-year vehicle can be sold starting on January 2, 2017. Conversely, manufacturers can introduce and release a new vehicle for sale as late as December 31 of the corresponding calendar year, so a 2018-model-year vehicle could be introduced up to and including December 31, 2018. Due to this wide latitude, manufacturers often bring out vehicles well before—and after—the traditional pre-holiday period. "

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Model Year is "just a state of mind". MY '21 is the new MY '22!
Sponsored

Last edited: