Sponsored

Will the Base Bronco be capable of sending data?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was just reading an article about new cars sending information back to their manufacturers. Neither of my existing cars can do that.

Does anybody know if the Base Bronco will be capable of transmitting data?
Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do believe that feature is only available on models with enhanced navigation, which the base does not have. Other threads have discussed so I'm sure you can find that info.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All of them are traceable remotely

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get an email from my base Chevy Trax every month. Last one told me that I should !!! because my tires were 2lbs under inflated. In mid winter, temperature in the low 20's. Another reason to keep my Sierra with no onstar, even though it tells me to add air to the right rear tire which shows optimal pressure once I put an actual gauge on it...

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do believe that feature is only available on models with enhanced navigation, which the base does not have. Other threads have discussed so I'm sure you can find that info.
91E61AED-71DB-4DAD-92C6-FD6C6F91E99E.gif

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd think they all get over the air updates to the computer(s), so it has to be able to send some data, what version, is update done, things like that. But I'm not sure what you mean with send data. To Ford? I'd say yes. To your phone or e-mail etc? Who knows. Supposedly on higher trims you get a trail app and can share your adventure with photos and other info, but how that'll really work is not yet known I believe.

But in general, modern cars keep track of all kinds of things and store that info for a while - or upload it.

OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd think they all get over the air updates to the computer(s), so it has to be able to send some data, what version, is update done, things like that. But I'm not sure what you mean with send data. To Ford? I'd say yes. To your phone or e-mail etc? Who knows. Supposedly on higher trims you get a trail app and can share your adventure with photos and other info, but how that'll really work is not yet known I believe.

But in general, modern cars keep track of all kinds of things and store that info for a while - or upload it.
So, yet one more feature not in "modern" cars that I wish I could opt out of. I strongly dislike keyless ignitions too, but no way around that one anymore. (I want a positive way to turn it off, not just a toggle switch that tells the computer to do it.)

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get an email from my base Chevy Trax every month. Last one told me that I should !!! because my tires were 2lbs under inflated. In mid winter, temperature in the low 20's. Another reason to keep my Sierra with no onstar, even though it tells me to add air to the right rear tire which shows optimal pressure once I put an actual gauge on it...
A buddy of mine rolled his Chevy truck off the interstate, he said onstar came on asking if he was all right before he even stopped rolling.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, yet one more feature not in "modern" cars that I wish I could opt out of. I strongly dislike keyless ignitions too, but no way around that one anymore. (I want a positive way to turn it off, not just a toggle switch that tells the computer to do it.)
Find the actual cellular modem module and pull the plug/harness?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is this? The 6th thread about this? Welcome to reality, it’s been this way for awhile now.

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is this? The 6th thread about this? Welcome to reality, it’s been this way for awhile now.
But... if they can track my car then they'll know where to send the planes with the contrails that drop the chemicals that activate the 5G chip I got through my vaccination! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But... if they can track my car then they'll know where to send the planes with the contrails that drop the chemicals that activate the 5G chip I got through my vaccination! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!
Nailed it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The don't call it Ford connect for no reason. if your smart phone can talk to your car...they can.

So yes. Stop your illegal activities while driving the Bronco ;)
Sponsored