Sponsored

Will the Bilstein suspension make the on-road drive / ride quality softer?

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
The funny thing is, I put the 5100 monotubes on my JK and it runs stiffer and jolts you more than the Pro Comps 9000 twin tubes I had on it before.

I am guessing the stock shocks will be road friendly for average drivers, and the position sensitive Bilstiens will behave about the same on road, and much better off road.

The tires are another story.
Had those 5100 shocks too. They received so much praise but I thought they were absolute junk. After they all started puking oil I switched to adjustable Rancho's and the difference was night and day.
Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I would bring this back from the past being I found it helpful. My wife is going to be driving this as her DD most of the time and hates a stiff ride. After all that I've read I think having the Bilstein B8 8112 (ZoneControl CR) would be best just maybe on 33.

Personally I like the OC AT3s you can get a C class in 33, 34, and 35s. (Also like the RTs but I know the wife want LOL)

https://www.toyotires.com/product/open-country-at3

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The HOSS suspension applies to all Broncos. Non-'Squatch/ no Badlands models (HOSS 1.0) have single cylinder shocks. The Badlands and Sasquatch models (HOSS 2.0) have upgraded Bilstein shocks with a second cylinder and an escape valve. In your daily drive situations (let's say you hit a small pothole) some of the fluid will squirt into the send cylinder (through the escape valve) giving you a more cushioned response. In off road situations, the cylinder will compress beyond the escape valve, providing a stiffer response and more feel for the terrain. The Hoss 3.0 Wildtrak shocks are made by Fox and are supposed to have higher endurance tolerances than the Bilsteins for desert running. I'm an East Coaster (only book knowledge FWIW)--- dune bashing is apparently hard on the shocks. The Fox shocks can take more friction/ heat build up before failure. Raptor is HOSS 4.0 --- beyond my budget 😀
Sponsored