Sponsored

Will the Black MIC Top Fade - How Protect it?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it's like the Jeeps hard top, and I would bet it is, you can put a coat of wax on it just like the paint.
Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I live in super hot South Florida where the sun is killer on paint and makes it fade pretty fast if not washed and waxed often. I went with white as a color due to the hot sun. The MIC top is Black though- which will look great against the white paint. Is the top fiberglass? Any suggestions how to protect it from weather and from sun fading? Regular wax or other special treatment?
Personally I will be running around Hawaii with my Bronco, therefore I’m getting the painted modular top. Hawaiian sun Bleaches out everything Including paint eventually! And the nice thing about the modular top besides the fact that the side rear windows pop out and A removable roof panel is that if I want to change the color it’s very easy to wrap it. The Mic top in order to change the color will need a lot of prep work thus bringing it up to about the same price as a mod top.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a temporary solution 303 aerospace protectant would be a great option as it looks great and will protect from us rays. I plan on doing a ceramic coating on the whole vehicle and that should make the top look great and be much easier to clean.
Nothing can protect your blood from boiling from US RAYS....
Ford Bronco Will the Black MIC Top Fade - How Protect it? 1614369562103

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You might be able to get away with AMMO Mud on there, but more than likely, Griot's vinyl and rubber dressing will probably handle it. I'm curious to see what products I need to use on it as well here in Arizona.

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in super hot South Florida where the sun is killer on paint and makes it fade pretty fast if not washed and waxed often. I went with white as a color due to the hot sun. The MIC top is Black though- which will look great against the white paint. Is the top fiberglass? Any suggestions how to protect it from weather and from sun fading? Regular wax or other special treatment?
I wish the top was black

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have my car ceramic coated and also had all the black / plastic pieces coated, its not like the old days of fade. I use 303 on my F150 toneau cover for the UV protection works well.
Great stuff, I second it.

41Jlnp3oIkL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
Sponsored