Sponsored

will the bronco be cancelled altogether?

ben5243

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just curious where everyone stands on the main thread question currently... has anyone heard anything?
Sorry if the discussion has continued in other threads, I haven't been reading every one.
NAIAS is cancelled but still plenty of news about the Baby Bronco and revised release date but nothing on the main attraction?
My hype is officially gone, I just want to know if it's still going to happen or not.
Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just curious where everyone stands on the main thread question currently... has anyone heard anything?
Sorry if the discussion has continued in other threads, I haven't been reading every one.
NAIAS is cancelled but still plenty of news about the Baby Bronco and revised release date but nothing on the main attraction?
My hype is officially gone, I just want to know if it's still going to happen or not.
My hype is gone as well.... and with everyone at home we should have way more people on this site.....let's get some approved teasers guys. I know marketing department must have some photos on their home laptops or Adobe cloud storage somewhere....

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMHO.....I'll win the PA State Lottery before Ford cancels the Bronco.
Way too much time, effort and resources(money) in development and if all that we hear are true about the finished product this will make Ford some SERIOUS money.
Patience ….. ?

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like I said before, Ford would cancel the Mustang before they cancel the Bronco and it’s not even a question. Things are not going to get that dire though, we got our boii J Pow printing money like a mofo and he will give as much to Ford as they need.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My hype is gone as well.... and with everyone at home we should have way more people on this site.....let's get some approved teasers guys. I know marketing department must have some photos on their home laptops or Adobe cloud storage somewhere....
Most have probably accepted the fact the introduction will be delayed for several months and have quit punishing themselves.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like I said before, Ford would cancel the Mustang before they cancel the Bronco and it’s not even a question. Things are not going to get that dire though, we got our boii J Pow printing money like a mofo and he will give as much to Ford as they need.
One article said that Bronco, F-150 and Mach E are all past the point of no return and none would be canceled.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well this is certainly concerning:
“We continue to opportunistically assess all funding options to further strengthen our balance sheet and increase liquidity to optimize our financial flexibility,” said Tim Stone, Ford’s CFO. “We also are identifying additional operating actions to enhance our cash position.”
Is Ford For Sale?

How do you feel about buying a VW Bronco, if it survives?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well this is certainly concerning
No way Ford can continue as before. It was hanging on by a thread before the virus hit, so restructuring of some kind seems inevitable. I suspect Trump will bend over backwards to keep it a US company. But whether its a bankruptcy judge, new owner or whatever....big changes a'coming.

That's why I've never been hung up on their Bronco sunk cost. Spent money is just spent money; only thing that matters is going forward profitability.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well this is certainly concerning:

Is Ford For Sale?

How do you feel about buying a VW Bronco, if it survives?
Probably an improvement.

I had wondered if that were the case before the pandemic plummet in stock value. Numerous automotive partnerships have turned out that way before.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably an improvement.
LOL would mustang buyers line up for a look-alike from a different brand? Prolly not Bronco buyers either. I think the lineage & history is half the allure.

I'll use the analogy of shotguns, and the types of configurations they're made in. Side-by-sides are few in number today...they're mainly favored by an older crowd, and the 2-3-4 hundred year maker's history is important to most buyers, who favor the English, Italian, and Spanish origins. On the opposite end of the spectrum are target shotguns. These buyers often fire 10-20 thousand shells a year. These buyers are 100% into reliability & target scores. They'd happily buy a gun made in Turkmenistan if statistics convinced them they'd score one target more per hundred.

In Ford's case, any new buyer or financier is sure to focus on the F150, and might possibly treat it as a cash cow to the detriment of other offerings

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
LOL would mustang buyers line up for a look-alike from a different brand? Prolly not Bronco buyers either. I think the lineage & history is half the allure.

I'll use the analogy of shotguns, and the types of configurations they're made in. Side-by-sides are few in number today...they're mainly favored by an older crowd, and the 2-3-4 hundred year maker's history is important to most buyers, who favor the English, Italian, and Spanish origins. On the opposite end of the spectrum are target shotguns. These buyers often fire 10-20 thousand shells a year. These buyers are 100% into reliability & target scores. They'd happily buy a gun made in Turkmenistan if statistics convinced them they'd score one target more per hundred.

In Ford's case, any new buyer or financier is sure to focus on the F150, and might possibly treat it as a cash cow to the detriment of other offerings
No company in their right mind would change Ford's brand upon buying it. Jeep didn't start being associated as German when Daimler owned them, nor Italian when Fiat took over (at least not to the general public). Jaguar and Land Rover aren't associated with being Indian, even though they are owned by Tata. Same with Lotus and Volvo being owned by Geely.

Lineage and history are a non-issue, whether Ford gets bought out or not. What would be the concern is design philosophy and budget priorities. Would the new owners focus on only mainstream products? Even if so, you just have to look at the cash cow that is Jeep to see a strong case for any new owner to enter that space, especially considering all the R&D is already done.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ford isn't going anywhere and there certainly won't be a "buyer" The whole auto industry is taking hit here and if anything they will get some gov help.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If anything the most likely outcome would be Ford and Gm merging.