Sponsored

will the bronco be cancelled altogether?

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I found new Brook trout spots, but it's logging roads and truck trails to get back in there. and they're probably still snowy/icy. Really wishing I had a Bronco right now :mad:

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That thing has almost as many horizontal grill lines as an Isuzu Axiom.

I like it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Somewhere under all that jingoism and whitewash of the nuance of the American tort system is a kernel of truth...

I see little in the Chinese system that suggests it's a communist country- it's more of a hybrid autocracy (not quite a dictatorship, and with odd hints of capitalism) with a cool little red book. However, the level of control the government wields does allow them to put a rather heavy 'invisible' hand on the market. And their practice of information warfare against their own people and the world makes it hard not to discount anything that comes out through the 'Great Firewall'.

The little bit of time I was able to spend there proved to me that the Chinese people are pretty much the same as everyone else- just trying to make it through life and not get dead any sooner than necessary.
Several years ago, I asked a guy at my IT firm, why he left China with his family for the USA. I expected to hear about wanting more freedom and opportunity. But he said #1 reason was environmental degradation in China. I've read about China having severe air quality issues in some areas and other dumping issues. I don't recall where in China my coworker was from, but was surprise it was pollution and impact on the health of his family that had been a key factor in his leaving.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Several years ago, I asked a guy at my IT firm, why he left China with his family for the USA. I expected to hear about wanting more freedom and opportunity. But he said #1 reason was environmental degradation in China. I've read about China having severe air quality issues in some areas and other dumping issues. I don't recall where in China my coworker was from, but was surprise it was pollution and impact on the health of his family that had been a key factor in his leaving.
They can measure it like fog or a blizzard in some metro areas -- quarter mile visibility etc.

Sponsored

durkn

Badlands
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 4x4 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s all I want - a base trim model that performs.
Give me a manual trans, minimal electronics, no auto stop/start, window cranks...

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
NC, with only 297 CV cases statewide...and zero deaths...just shuttered barber shops - along with schools and any in-person instruction, gyms, theaters, and in-restaurant dining...until MAY 15.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

NC, with only 297 CV cases statewide...and zero deaths...just shuttered barber shops - along with schools and any in-person instruction, gyms, theaters, and in-restaurant dining...until MAY 15.
May!! Wow

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the economy tanks, half of us are unemployed and we're fighting over scraps of food I'm guessing we won't be seeing a new Bronco or any other vehicle anytime soon.
It's already tanking - leastways a lot of income lost for folks in certain industries. One reason why I'm happy the new car I bought in January was only 14k. I know people into it for nearly 100k in new vehicles, and wouldn't want to have those payments along with mortgage, credit card and other debt.

For me a new Bronco was always contingent on the base model being in the 30k range (hopefully low in that range). If Ford can deliver that in 2021, I'd still be up for it, depending on the job/economy situation.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Guess I need to start watching you tube videos on how to cut your own hair ...

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not surprised. I'm expecting the peak to be late May or early June -- just in time for NAIAS to be cancelled too. I'd say most people are still not tuned in to the idea of how long these controls will take to be effective ...

Fortunately Ford has claimed no more delays to the product cycle are expected, so after we get most people buried I can shop for a new Bronco on their configurator.

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s actually a super interesting question. If Ford had a gun to their head and had to cut either the Bronco or mustang coupe which would they pick? I’m biased but I think they’d have to kill off the mustang from a financial perspective and just hope to bring it back.

Wouldn't be wise to kill off a halo car, the Mustang is the foundation the Shelbys are built on. Ford would look as though they abandoned performance.
There is no need for Ford to kill off anything, they are having problems, but can work through it.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wouldn't be wise to kill off a halo car, the Mustang is the foundation the Shelbys are built on. Ford would look as though they abandoned performance.
There is no need for Ford to kill off anything, they are having problems, but can work through it.
I agree to a point, but keep in mind sales have been shrinking every year for both Mustang and Camaro. Ford sells more than twice as many Fusion's and that car is gone.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
that date could change by the weekend.....they're learning as they go.
a lot of stuff can change in accouple of weeks.....we need to let the experts investigate then advise all of us, gonna take some time.
Sponsored