Will the Bronco have a break-In period?

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Best break-in is drive it like you stole it. I hitch a trailer to my 150s as soon as I get them, don't change the oil until 10k miles or the computer tells me to change it.
Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It doesn't, just makes people feel good to do it but they don't know why
Oh, I'm fully aware of what's going on. I'm trying to understand his reasoning.

josedirte

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3500 Ram Limited, 2017 Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Break it down for me. How does an early oil change affect this?
Break in means the engineers account for the normal wear and degeneration of a brand new motor under normal oil life conditions. You want the impure oil of a brand new motor to run its course and get proper tolerances. Pushing clean oil after 1000 miles does not account for this and you end up with tolerances to tight the may cause the motor not to float on oil and end up possibly failing under extreme load.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Break in means the engineers account for the normal wear and degeneration of a brand new motor under normal oil life conditions. You want the impure oil of a brand new motor to run its course and get proper tolerances. Pushing clean oil after 1000 miles does not account for this and you end up with tolerances to tight the may cause the motor not to float on oil and end up possibly failing under extreme load.
Would you be willing to consider that running "impure oil" does not create proper tolerances?

Sponsored

josedirte

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best break-in is drive it like you stole it. I hitch a trailer to my 150s as soon as I get them, don't change the oil until 10k miles or the computer tells me to change it.
Would you be willing to consider that running "impure oil" does not create proper tolerances?
[/QThink the impurities that are desirable for proper break in come from the engine itself , the running of other impurities would not have the desired effect.

josedirte

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I still don't buy your logic. I have a 2000 F350 v10 with almost 300000 miles on it. It has had a hard life, pulls a 10000 boat, plows snow, used as a bulldozer to grade my dirt road with the plow. I have changed the oil every 8000 miles since new, doesn't leak any oil, no blue smoke on start and runs like new. So all this talk about changing oil at 1000 miles, if its so important why doesn't Ford require it, they don't. I will wait until the computer tells me to change the oil at 10000.

josedirte

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is the effect of manufacturing processes that result in the correct tolerances being achieved at the time of manufacture, better oil chemistry, better oil filtration, and better oiling system design and engine temperature control, less unburned fuel dilution in the crankcase, etc.

Science has improved the breed.
good point

OP
OP
Chuck_Ruck

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Changing oil at 10k mile increments might be what Ford recommends. But they also make more money on new car sales than they do oil changes. You think they want you making purchases every five years or every fifty years?

Sponsored

josedirte

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Changing oil at 10k mile increments might be what Ford recommends. But they also make more money on new car sales than they do oil changes. You think they want you making purchases every five years or every fifty years?
can't argue with that reasoning business is business

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So a friend recently traded in his Scat Pack Challenger for a Hell Cat Challenger. He stated since his car hit 500 miles the break in period was complete, and the computer unlocked all options and power output. Is this just a Dodge Hellcat thing, or does Ford implement this aswell? I imagine there may be a big stink if we cant use all the GOAT modes right out of the chute. Get it? Bronco? Chute? Like at a Rodeo? I'll see myself out now.

Screenshot_20210521-163405_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210521-163510_Facebook.jpg
I noticed when it unlocked all the goodies at 500 miles it also told his ass to get some gas LOL

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drive it off the lot and beat on it like it owes you money. If its gonna blow up you want it to do it under warranty. I have driven many many vehicles to 150k miles or more and never had a problem breaking em in that way. They run the engines at the factory dont they? If they put em on a rolling road and go up through the gears thats enough to seat the rings.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

see Sundancer post. 22:03 responded to wrong post my bad
I’m not saying to change the oil at 1k miles. But changing it that early does not affect the engine tolerances.
Sponsored