Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a friend recently traded in his Scat Pack Challenger for a Hell Cat Challenger. He stated since his car hit 500 miles the break in period was complete, and the computer unlocked all options and power output. Is this just a Dodge Hellcat thing, or does Ford implement this aswell? I imagine there may be a big stink if we cant use all the GOAT modes right out of the chute. Get it? Bronco? Chute? Like at a Rodeo? I'll see myself out now.

Screenshot_20210521-163405_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210521-163510_Facebook.jpg
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would assume that’s more of a performance car thing… I doubt the Bronco will have that. The Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk has that 500 mile break-in period too.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I measured last month when I went in for an oil change. It's about 250 feet from the spot where they "deliver" special orders to the exit of the dealer parking lot. That's it, that's the break-in period.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like most new vehicles it will probably be somewhere around 1K miles for the break in. That usually involves not running on the interstate at the same speed for many miles. Basically just vary your speed every now, and then. And try not to slam on the brakes for the first 200 miles (I think that the mileage) to give them time to bed correctly. I don't expect the Bronco to lock out any features like some sports cars do. The info will be in the owners manual.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco will obviously have a recommended “break in period.” It’s even been discussed specifically by Granger in a thread dedicated to delivery.

We have no heard any indication that it will have actual limits imposed until a certain milage, like the station the OP pointed out. Seems that the Bronco will come fully enabled direct from the factory.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think all of my recent Ford have mentioned the same procedure-"Avoid driving too fast during the first 1,000 mi (1,500 km). Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labor the engine.".
I will also do my first oil change about 1k miles and then consider it good to go.

OP
OP
Chuck_Ruck

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think all of my recent Ford have mentioned the same procedure-"Avoid driving too fast during the first 1,000 mi (1,500 km). Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labor the engine.".
I will also do my first oil change about 1k miles and then consider it good to go.
Change up through the gears early but dont labor the engine? Is that not the opposite?

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The intent is not to “lug “ or rev the motor particularly high and vary engine speed for the first 1k miles. I also don’t think the oil needs changed, but I prefer synthetic and knowing it’s changed at 1k makes me comfortable it’s all good from a level and oil quality perspective. From there I follow a 5k mile or when the system indicates an oil change required.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the manual for the 2019+ Ford Ranger with the 2.3L engine. Stated break in period is ~1,000 miles. I would expect about the same for the 2.7L but did not look it up.

No lock outs though. Your vehicle is unlocked from day 1. Source: Just bought a Ranger.

Ford Bronco Will the Bronco have a break-In period? 1621696193085
Sponsored