Sponsored

Will the Bronco have start and stop technology at stop lights ?

Bronconheimer

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dad's F-150 has a button on the dash to disable, but I wonder if some drive modes will disable it by default. Similar to how my Mustang disables traction control in Track mode.
Is your dad Billy Gibbons?
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m no fan of Start-Stop, but it does have a useful benefit. It saves you cash by not wasting fuel when you don’t need it. Stop lights, drive-throughs, and traffic jams are perfect uses for this technology. I wish you could adjust the delay or make it auto-off, but they have an EPA to please. If it gets too annoying, that Forscan sounds like a way to fix it for good.
actually all the starting on and off creates some extra wear and tear. Starter, battery, to some degree belts. Ford has a button you can push to override, but you have to enable it every time you start the car.

but the reason for these systems is so car makers can game the system

https://autoexpert.com.au/posts/the-truth-about-automatic-engine-stop-start-systems

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m no fan of Start-Stop, but it does have a useful benefit. It saves you cash by not wasting fuel when you don’t need it. Stop lights, drive-throughs, and traffic jams are perfect uses for this technology. I wish you could adjust the delay or make it auto-off, but they have an EPA to please. If it gets too annoying, that Forscan sounds like a way to fix it for good.
If someone is concerned about using an extra gallon of fuel over the course of a year then maybe they should consider a Prius or a Tesla. Consumers paying for these BOF vehicles are skipping over a huge market of unibody minivans such as the Traverse, Highlander, Explorer, and countless others to have a real SUV. Those cars should be the target of bureaucrats, they are already soul sucking front wheel drive unibody snoozeboxes.

Stop start is providing no increase in fuel economy. Stop/Start is no different than E85 capability in that automakers get a credit for making consumers pay for unnecessary extras. Some bureaucrat decided that automakers should get credit for it and so it was.
Ford doesn’t have to saddle their vehicles with this, no one is forcing them, they are adding this at the detriment of consumers.

Ryan79260

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I’m never going to buy a Hybrid so let them have it and leave the rest of us without the embarrassing restarts.
Embarrassing restarts??? Temperamental psyche..

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to turn this feature off in my Audi every time I start it. It's just part of the routine now: hit Start/Stop, then hit Disable Auto Shutoff. Strangely my wife's BMW has the ability to turn this feature off "permanently" by pushing the button above Start/Stop. It will be disabled until my wife accidently hits it when turning the car on or off. But in her car I have to push the unlock button when I park the car or I have to pull the door handle twice. Both are small nuisances that take less than a second, but there have been suggestions above to defeat it. I do hate it when I forget to disable it and the light turns green and the engine is off, though. I don't care one iota about saving a nickel, I want my AC on full time!

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love that guy! I figured it bested might add 3% to your mileage. Which isn't much. But after watching that, nah I'll either get that Ford scan thing to kill it or stick a little night light in that back Outlet.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Start stop can eat one!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If someone is concerned about using an extra gallon of fuel over the course of a year then maybe they should consider a Prius or a Tesla. Consumers paying for these BOF vehicles are skipping over a huge market of unibody minivans such as the Traverse, Highlander, Explorer, and countless others to have a real SUV. Those cars should be the target of bureaucrats, they are already soul sucking front wheel drive unibody snoozeboxes.

Stop start is providing no increase in fuel economy. Stop/Start is no different than E85 capability in that automakers get a credit for making consumers pay for unnecessary extras. Some bureaucrat decided that automakers should get credit for it and so it was.
Ford doesn’t have to saddle their vehicles with this, no one is forcing them, they are adding this at the detriment of consumers.
Money saved is money saved, regardless of the amount. An engine at idle serves little purpose for propulsion. So, on paper, nothing is lost by this feature. Will I find Ford's implementation of it annoying? Possibly. It's just something I don't know at this time.

You are correct in that this feature is a result of government interference. Ford has to play the game to stay in their good graces and we get the results of it. CAFE regulations are probably no fun when most of your fleet is trucks and SUVs. Our savior from Start/Stop will be an electric Bronco. That's where all this is headed.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ohenry

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On my 2017 F150 I just removed Trailer light fuse to disable auto start stop Just have to remember to plug it back in to tow!
I will try this this weekend free is good!
Sponsored