Sponsored

Will the Bronco have start and stop technology at stop lights ?

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like I said my 2017 car did not have it and if it had I would not have bought it. I see the Tremor also doesn’t have it. The Bronco and the F150 are the only new cars I know to have it.
See my note above...my 2020 Ranger has start/stop. I hate the body rattle each time it starts back at a stop light. But, I endure it because remembering to push the button is annoying.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! Thanks for sharing...other than opening up the dash in my new truck, it is exactly what I would like to have.
Well, why tear your dash apart? the one for the '21 Ranger (AKA Bronco) is plug-N-play.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, we get to pay for oversized starters, batteries, whatever they do to get around burning up the automatic transmissions (if equipped) when they stop the pump and let the hot transmission oil heat soak the internal bits, etc. All so Ford can get some minor credit against C.A.F.E. for a feature that most everyone hates and turns off almost 100% of the time.

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2020 Ranger has capability to turn off the start-stop operation. But, once I turn the engine off and then restart, this function resets. It is annoying. There is probably an ODB2 program that can turn it off permanently. I thought I read that the Bronco can be turned off.
It's easy enough to remove several different ways, easiest and permanent is forscan. If it works with the bronco, which it should. Had it in my '17 F150, and it never bothered me.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, why tear your dash apart? the one for the '21 Ranger (AKA Bronco) is plug-N-play.
Maybe I misunderstood something? It said to pull the radio and install the adapter between an existing cable connection. (Some sort of inline (serial) programmer or wiring that establishes permanent state change for the device. I was hoping for an ODBII programmer.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I misunderstood something? It said to pull the radio and install the adapter between an existing cable connection. (Some sort of inline (serial) programmer or wiring that establishes permanent state change for the device. I was hoping for an ODBII programmer.
Hell, I just looked at the cable on the desk and didn't watch the vid, it looked like a OBDII adapter. No way I want to open up the dash in the Bronco.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay so I save a whole $1.50 a year? Why am I suppose to care as the consumer, I would greatly prefer my engine running and my take-off unaffected, and my car not to sound like a pile of s&$t.

I don’t have to buy a vehicle with auto start stop, more like be glad consumers actually put up with that crap.
its mandated now, and if you care that much dont buy a car with it. Or just hit the button like everyone else

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many times must it be said? Plug something into the 110.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, we get to pay for oversized starters, batteries, whatever they do to get around burning up the automatic transmissions (if equipped) when they stop the pump and let the hot transmission oil heat soak the internal bits, etc. All so Ford can get some minor credit against C.A.F.E. for a feature that most everyone hates and turns off almost 100% of the time.
I think you overestimate the number of people who care about this.

Two of my cars have this (Volvo XC90 and Ford Transit)...literally no issues at all. Like, it doesn't even factor into my thoughts, which causes me to wonder why so many people care.

I am ordering a MT Bronco, so maybe the manual will interact differently, but I can't see why people want their car to run when they are not moving, aside from air conditioning is legit in stopped traffic.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s like getting stuck in a 1980s Jalopy, not sure if it will turn off at the stoplight. I have never seen a single stop-start system that wasn’t intrusive, in any brand vehicle. They are universally horrible. I’m thankful my 2017 car doesn’t have that crap.
How is it intrusive? Lol

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it's anything like on my RS, the MT will be better than the auto. It will restart as soon as you clutch in.

And it will prevent the engine from stopping if it needs to run the A/C compressor, or of the engine isn't up to temp, or if the alternator needs to run to top off the battery and I'm sure a host of other things. It really isn't a big deal.

Besides, they're I4 and V6 turbos. They aren't going to sound good at idle anyway, not like a big lopey V8.

I think you overestimate the number of people who care about this.

Two of my cars have this (Volvo XC90 and Ford Transit)...literally no issues at all. Like, it doesn't even factor into my thoughts, which causes me to wonder why so many people care.

I am ordering a MT Bronco, so maybe the manual will interact differently, but I can't see why people want their car to run when they are not moving, aside from air conditioning is legit in stopped traffic.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell, I just looked at the cable on the desk and didn't watch the vid, it looked like a OBDII adapter. No way I want to open up the dash in the Bronco.
It looks like depending on the vehicle, installation varies. Some plug in line with the button (requiring you pull dash trim) and others plug in line with the obd2 port (not requiring dash trim removal).
Sponsored