Sponsored

Will the Bronco have start and stop technology at stop lights ?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
How is it intrusive? Lol
By taking too long to restart, and sounding like you broke down.
You’d have to be a satanist to purposely want something with auto-start stop, I’ve had a 2.7L F150 WT with it and a rental Malibu that suffered from it. My personal car will be all the way across the intersection at a light before either of those vehicles could re-crank.
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
its mandated now, and if you care that much dont buy a car with it. Or just hit the button like everyone else
Not true, the other new vehicle I’m looking at does not have this tumor attached to it.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You’d have to be a satanist to purposely want something with auto-start stop, I’ve had a 2.7L F150 WT with it and a rental Malibu that suffered from it. My personal car will be all the way across the intersection at a light before either of those vehicles could re-crank.
What does devil worship have to do with this?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't tell if you are joking (and being sarcastic) or if you are serious and have a certain hate for trivial items. Either way, enjoy your new ride, and "cheers" to you being able to make it through the intersection before the light turns red again. LOL

Sponsored

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2019 F-150, I successfully permanently turned off the Auto Start/Stop function through FORScan, nothing to it.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't tell if you are joking (and being sarcastic) or if you are serious and have a certain hate for trivial items. Either way, enjoy your new ride, and "cheers" to you being able to make it through the intersection before the light turns red again. LOL
Your comment doesn’t really make sense nor address your original question or my answer. Also who bought a new ride?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your comment doesn’t really make sense nor address your original question or my answer. Also who bought a new ride?
The question has been asked and answered numerous times...we get it, you think the start-stop is shit and will lead to everybody thinking you drive a jalopy and it will take you 27 seconds to make it through an intersection, it is likely to cause sever erectile dysfunction, and possibly promote man breasts and some form of devil worshipping.

Oh yeah, I assumed you were buying a new Bronco...which seemed like a fair assumption.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The question has been asked and answered numerous times...we get it, you think the start-stop is shit and will lead to everybody thinking you drive a jalopy and it will take you 27 seconds to make it through an intersection, it is likely to cause sever erectile dysfunction, and possibly promote man breasts and some form of devil worshipping.

Oh yeah, I assumed you were buying a new Bronco...which seemed like a fair assumption.
I don’t *think* it’s shit, I know it’s shit.

Shutting an engine off at a stop light it stupid, there is no value. Why Ford chooses to install this on certain vehicles while allowing other vehicles to actually function properly does not make sense. The point is the stop start system interferes with the function of all vehicles afflicted to the point of degrading the driving experience.

I understand these systems can be bypassed and tuned out, but just like the Kubota Diesel engine in my grandfathers lawnmower from my childhood, just because you can run a coat hanger to the stop mechanism to shut the engine off doesn’t make that the right way to shut it down.
Particularly not when I’m expected to drop $40-60k on a brand new vehicle that doesn’t operate as expected from a vehicle built in this century.
While I’ll grant you $40-60k is not much money anymore in the year 2021 I would hardly call it trivial to the average consumer of this vehicle.

Last edited:

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Haha. It's a joke. Relax. Have fun. Don't take things too seriously.

Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add a green diesel to the hybrid

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
My gf’s 2019 Ecosport has this and it’s barely even noticeable driving around the city. Embarrassing is just being overly dramatic without experiencing newer versions of it even if you couldn’t disable it, which you can.
Well I’m never going to buy a Hybrid so let them have it and leave the rest of us without the embarrassing restarts.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..disable that crap

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m no fan of Start-Stop, but it does have a useful benefit. It saves you cash by not wasting fuel when you don’t need it. Stop lights, drive-throughs, and traffic jams are perfect uses for this technology. I wish you could adjust the delay or make it auto-off, but they have an EPA to please. If it gets too annoying, that Forscan sounds like a way to fix it for good.
Sponsored