Sponsored

Will the doors fit in cargo area with soft top fully retracted?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ha. Yeah, Im not even getting a soft top, but it's fun solving all these problems. That trim piece needs to be there because i think it houses to two handles that you pull on to flip up the rear. The trim piece is likely a big U shape running along the beltine that could be flipped up. Rear window zipped in or not, you still have that bar running across the back. MAYBE if you zip out the side and rear windows you could flip up that bar all the way to the roof. Although, I am not sure if the hinge is designed to have limited range. I would imagine it does have limited range because they dont want to forcefully flipping up the rear when all the canvas bits are attached as it could do damage or cause tears.

OP
OP
djn3400

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's the trim piece across the back. It doesnt go away when you zip out the window.

Maybe if you prop up the rear (as you normally would to access the trunk), you could angle in two doors, but definitely not 4.

https://www.cnet.com/a/img/EmmVtvtT...442/2021-ford-bronco-soft-top-removal-ogi.jpg
Agreed, but I think with the rear window out, you could lift the door up and over the cross rail to get it in the back rather than trying to angle it in under the cross rail. Hopefully?!?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So why couldn't you put them in from the rear doors and then flip the rear seats up to hold them in?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We need a live guinea pig to slay.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the seat down, you also lose 3" of clearance given the seat backs are 3" above the load floor. Which means you lose 3" clearance to bring the doors in through the rear side opening, as well as twisting it and turning it around the rollbar. Then also the sound bar comes into play too. It's probably the sound bar is the limiting factor that dictates the order you are supposed to put the doors in (1,2,3,4). Smallest first? So if you were to do that in reverse from the rear seat, maybe you cant clear the sound bar, etc by going largest first, smallest last from the opposite end. Either way, sounds like a major PITA that ford wouldnt promote.

Ok - will stop there....not even getting a soft top lol

OP
OP
djn3400

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the seat down, you also lose 3" of clearance given the seat backs are 3" above the load floor. Which means you lose 3" clearance to bring the doors in through the rear side opening, as well as twisting it and turning it around the rollbar. Then also the sound bar comes into play too. It's probably the sound bar is the limiting factor that dictates the order you are supposed to put the doors in (1,2,3,4). Smallest first? So if you were to do that in reverse from the rear seat, maybe you cant clear the sound bar, etc by going largest first, smallest last from the opposite end. Either way, sounds like a major PITA that ford wouldnt promote.

Ok - will stop there....not even getting a soft top lol
Whatever the solution, if there is one, would be a hassle versus stowing them in the hardtop. It's not something I would do regularly even if I had the hardtop, but it would certainly be nice to know that it was at least feasible. I'm hoping someone who has taken delivery of a 4DR soft top might be able to do a bit of testing for the benefit of the group ;)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Watching the vid again, I'm wondering, once the rear windows are out, if you can't get that up high enough with the gate open to slip them in? Surely a determined person could....and yeah, I don't think you could do all 4 doors....front 2 shirley, lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
djn3400

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Watching the vid again, I'm wondering, once the rear windows are out, if you can't get that up high enough with the gate open to slip them in? Surely a determined person could....and yeah, I don't think you could do all 4 doors....front 2 shirley, lol.
Ford Bronco Will the doors fit in cargo area with soft top fully retracted? 1625076525186
:ROFLMAO:

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, OP for bringing this question up.
Something I hadn't even considered.
All the more reason to remain with the MIC for me.
I've been weighing pros and cons literally for weeks on this situation.
Tough call, but get exactly what you want. I swapped to the soft top because I honestly was cool with either. I will be running topless most of the time. Don't swap to a soft top just to get it sooner. If you want a MIC, stick to your guns. If it helps, I swapped to a soft top over a month ago and still don't have a vin. Day 1 res.

OP
OP
djn3400

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tough call, but get exactly what you want. I swapped to the soft top because I honestly was cool with either. I will be running topless most of the time. Don't swap to a soft top just to get it sooner. If you want a MIC, stick to your guns. If it helps, I swapped to a soft top over a month ago and still don't have a vin. Day 1 res.
same here, actually I was originally set on a soft top but then decided to go with the Wildtrack with Lux. I’ve since realized that I don’t care too much about the top and I don’t need most of the extras that come with the WT or Lux. So I switched to a Base Squatch with soft top and put $12K back in my pocket for aftermarket mods like bumpers, rock rails, sound system.:p

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can have your dealer add the storage bags to your build with soft top, I did. The accessory cost is extravagant. (y)

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
same here, actually I was originally set on a soft top but then decided to go with the Wildtrack with Lux. I’ve since realized that I don’t care too much about the top and I don’t need most of the extras that come with the WT or Lux. So I switched to a Base Squatch with soft top and put $12K back in my pocket for aftermarket mods like bumpers, rock rails, sound system.:p
Welcome to Base Camp!!! I am also a Base, soft top, 4 door, 2.7, SAS, aux switches. We will get our rigs. They are being delivered to some lucky people, which makes me realize we are all getting them soon. The wait and on going issues suck, but it is what it is. I will be riding around with a shit grin on my face after I get mine. These "yesterdays problems" will all be a thing of the past.
Sponsored