Sponsored

Will the M-9603-B27 Performance Calibration tuner work on My 2023?

BenNM1

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023/Badlands/4door/Base/Lux Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I apologize in advance if I have missed this information on another thread. I just purchased a 2023 Badlands 4 door and will be adding 37s and an ICON coil over 3-inch lift in the next week. I wanted to know if anyone else is running a similar setup. My questions are:
-have you noticed a significant change in power
-will this tuner work on a 2023 and if not is there one on the market that I can use to calibrate shift points and my speedometer?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope the tuner will not work. It reads the vehicle's VIN number to determine if there is an available tune yet, and currently there is none for the 2023—throws an error when you try.

But I'm sure Ford will update it at some point to support the 2023. I imagine it's as simple as the Ford Performance team flipping a switch and doing some quick validation.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apologize in advance if I have missed this information on another thread. I just purchased a 2023 Badlands 4 door and will be adding 37s and an ICON coil over 3-inch lift in the next week. I wanted to know if anyone else is running a similar setup. My questions are:
-have you noticed a significant change in power
-will this tuner work on a 2023 and if not is there one on the market that I can use to calibrate shift points and my speedometer?
You may want to wait for the Ford Performance tuner, since it is the currently the only tuner that provides both transmission and engine response improvement (it works well). The peak power increase is minimal, but the downshift and throttle response is improved. It supports 37's.

The Icon coilovers with the optional bump-stop spacers for 37's work well. The Icon coilovers have a much longer spring (to improve travel), so you do have to be concerned about clearance with tie rod and swaybar link, but Icon has some fixes if this is an issue on your Bronco (e.g. swaybar spacer kit). Tie rod sleeves may have clearance issues, but the Ford performance and upcoming Icon tie rod upgrades are OK.

Sasquatch wheels with 0.75" wheel spacer (or 17x8.5+12 wheel) can give you offroad clearance for 37" by trimming the crashbar stubs (in front and in back of tire) with angle grinder. For common 17x8.5+0 wheels with 37's the clearance is poor, so you will probably need to modify the fender liner spacer and remove crash bars and frame gusset (JKS kit).

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey there - the MY23 is awaiting it's EO and then it will be greenlighted. Once this is completed/released, we'll make an announcement to keep everyone in informed. We're hoping to see these ready-to-go for MY23 in 2-3 months.

OP
OP
BenNM1

BenNM1

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023/Badlands/4door/Base/Lux Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may want to wait for the Ford Performance tuner, since it is the currently the only tuner that provides both transmission and engine response improvement (it works well). The peak power increase is minimal, but the downshift and throttle response is improved. It supports 37's.

The Icon coilovers with the optional bump-stop spacers for 37's work well. The Icon coilovers have a much longer spring (to improve travel), so you do have to be concerned about clearance with tie rod and swaybar link, but Icon has some fixes if this is an issue on your Bronco (e.g. swaybar spacer kit). Tie rod sleeves may have clearance issues, but the Ford performance and upcoming Icon tie rod upgrades are OK.

Sasquatch wheels with 0.75" wheel spacer (or 17x8.5+12 wheel) can give you offroad clearance for 37" by trimming the crashbar stubs (in front and in back of tire) with angle grinder. For common 17x8.5+0 wheels with 37's the clearance is poor, so you will probably need to modify the fender liner spacer and remove crash bars and frame gusset (JKS kit).
This is good advice. Looks like the MY23 option will be available in a couple of months. Appreciate the help!

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there - the MY23 is awaiting it's EO and then it will be greenlighted. Once this is completed/released, we'll make an announcement to keep everyone in informed. We're hoping to see these ready-to-go for MY23 in 2-3 months.
just in time for summer cruising :rockon:

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We shall - it's still looking to be the same ETA... potentially end of this month to mid next month.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs