First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I read up on this years ago...the black box only saves the last 15-20 seconds in motion of the vehicle...seat belt.. speed.. brakes,and a couple other things...and yes..if there is a need for the police,or the insurance company to get info..a judge will almost always,sign off on a warrant..
Sponsored

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why can some governors demand mask usage, and an hour later be caught eating at a “closed” restaurant?

As someone said, who determines what is “shady shit?”

”Shady shit” changes daily, it all depends what narritive is being normalized. Just wait until “they” tell you WHAT you can drive, and WHERE you may go. How is your social score?

I’m guessing some here have never been to visit China....don’t worry, authoritarianism is visiting you now....you just don’t realize it.

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s disturbing. I already get ads on mobile browsers for things I never searched for or even typed in the phone, only spoke about. Don’t need my car storing data on me too.
Someone blew my mind about this. Your phone Alexa etc is not listening to you. Full stop. They just aren’t.

BUT. The algorithms they have are so ridiculously good that it seems like they are because of how targeted the ads are. They don’t even need to listen to you to know what you’re talking about.

IDK which is worse.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I'm still trying to figure out tho... Is my search history will show on my wife's apps. She'll be like, you were looking up tires today huh. So I'm not sure how that's happening. I've tried looking, and she's not signed in on any of my accounts. But we do share a pixel book. But with each our own accounts. Unless the pixel book shares it's cookie repository? But I figured that'd be separate.

I look at it as an easy way for me to drop hints of what I want for my birthday or Christmas. :LOL:
some apps like google will have your search history follow on whatever device you log in on...I'd suggest for a "tracking free" experience to try something like DuckDuckGo for a search engine. It can be annoying to NOT have historical search (you have to type in again and again for maybe some search you do often) but that is the price for not "holding" your info...

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wouldn't worry about it. There's nothing the event data recorder knows that the shadow government doesn't already know.

Sponsored

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They listen when you’re specifically talking to your Alexa, but they don’t start listening until you say “Alexa”. Which is what people think is happening.
Right, but how do you think they recognize the word “Alexa”?

HINT: it may be by listening.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They listen when you’re specifically talking to your Alexa, but they don’t start listening until you say “Alexa”. Which is what people think is happening.
well, actually they are always listening, and act when they "think" they hear you say "Alexa", but can be activated otherwise. Plus many people add 'skills' to their Alexa and have no idea that these can (and often do) violate their privacy. See article below...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/why-would-you-ever-trust-amazons-alexa-after-this/

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
idk.... how about the law?

everyone is getting hung up on my use of the word shady. I guess I should go back and re-word it to be more exact.

just don't do illegal shit.

better?
No.....because you still have the premise there is equal justice under the law. Depending WHO you are, you can steal and not be arrested, you can travel while others can’t travel...

Just make sure to wear both your masks while your roof and doors are off your Bronco...safety first. Don’t forget to pay your carbon credits first though....

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Insurance companies are actually more of your concern than police here, since they could theoretically deny your claim and call you negligent for using your cell phone.
Insurance companies can't deny your claim because you were negligent. In literally every accident, someone was negligent. Even if you were cited for wreckless driving, your insurance would still pay the claim.

Now, they might choose to no longer insure you...

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Pass info is available to insurance companies. The black box thing is not new. My first vehicle that I knew had it was a 2006 Tacoma. Toyota was one of the pioneers. They had to cover their ass when they had that "sudden acceleration" issue way back.
Sponsored