Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep. BTW, tin foil hat people were right, the government was spying on us, a whole bunch of private companies as well.
I knew it, I just knew it. Folks said I was just a conspiracy theorist, but phooey on them. I just knew it.....Does anyone know if Amazon has tin foils hats on sale? No wait, they probably already know I ask this question. They'll let me know soon........đŸ€Ș.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t believe it’s a matter of what the data is used for as much today, as what they will decide to use it for tomorrow. My phone already knows where I’m at, how fast I’m driving and all that jazz. Who’s to say they won’t decide tomorrow to follow that info and send me a ticket every time I go over the speed limit by 2 mph?... just my thoughts

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is an easy thought process, sure. It's a bigger issue however and there is a lot more at stake in the future from the big brother trackers. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but these sort of things are not in the public's best interest. They serve greed and authoritarianism.
It sure would be in your best interest if the data revealed the vehicle failed in one fashion or another which lead to a crash, thus potentially mitigating your fault. But you can't have it both ways...no data collection to hid something you did that was unlawful and the protection of vehicle failure. There are consequences for bad behavior. I see too many dip shits speeding agressively and on their phone these days and then they crash and die or kill or harm other people. Then the next thing you see is a go fund me for the dead speeder/texter...F that. He earned it. So while my thought process was "easy" it still stands as truth.
So the question is if you stand by your post...what are you prepared to do about it??
Get a pre black box vehicle and dump your cell phone while you are at it?
Didn't think so.

Last edited:

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, let's be serious. If you're looking up to ANY political leader in this country. That's your first problem. I don't care what side you're on. None of them are 'leaders'. They're all slimballs who worked their way up the system.

See here's the problem. The right thing to do is wear a mask for the safety of others. YOU don't care if you get Covid? go right ahead, knock yourself out. It's not fun. But you do you. Best of luck.
But be considerate of the people that don't want Covid. Do they not matter? Or those that are high risk? You want to live your life, can they not live theirs?

If more people would just do the right thing, then the law wouldn't even need to exist.
You insinuate a whole lot....what you don’t understand is, who gets to decide “what the right thing to do” is?

Where did I say don‘t wear a mask....? Where did I say follow any “leader?” I was saying quite the opposite.

You started speaking of “laws,” and my premise is, laws are not applied equally. Suddenly, you now say it’s about “what is right.”

Do you see the slippery slope that a black box has now?
Yes, we are spied on, and it is too much....why do you want more?

It is all fun and games, until you are the one getting on the train car, THAT seems “inconsiderate.”

Gee, the streets are cleaner with just a ”little oppression.”

So do you wear your mask in your Bronco with the doors off?
Just tell me what you think “is the right thing to do.”

Who decides “what the right thing to do“ is?

You are in a Bronco forum, a vehicle that will be fun but not very good for the environment.....why is it the right thing to do for you to buy such an expensive climate killing vehicle?

You would be better off giving your Bronco money to a charity, wouldn’t that be the “right thing to do?”

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gosh. How in the hell did this thread get so political based off of car black boxes?

Now there's talk about leaders, masks, the environment......

Please leave the politics to cable news and conspiracy theories to 8Kun, FaceBook, YouTube, etc.....

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the political part came in from the title of the thread... but maybe it was meant more for “rat you out “ to your mom... I dunno

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because it's the internet and people like to bitch, myself included. Now I don't give two shits about the black box in question because everything is tracked these days in a modern setting. Don't be an asshole and you will be fine, or if you are an asshole be prepared to own it. Simple.
Plus, new info on the Bronco is getting scarce and folks have come down from the KOH high and are getting restless.
Hell, we were comparing a sticker to a vagina just early today.
KOH was straight heroin for sure! đŸ€Ș

If the Badlands sticker looks like what some of you guys have seen, keep her ass away from me! :cautious: Want no part of that.....

Love the "if you are an asshole be prepared to own it. Simple." Classic line of the day.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What always bugged me about the little black boxes that companies like state farm offered was that they weren't really smart enough to differentiate good habits from bad ones.

Example: let's say I'm driving along and someone cuts me off abruptly, and i have to slam on the brakes to avoid an accident. those high G forces get recorded, and are treated the same as the high G forces that come with doing burnouts off the line and hard cornering.
That, and good driving is definitely subjective. if the box sees that I'm driving 63 mph on the freeway, it might deem that I'm a good safe driver. but if I'm driving 63 mph in the fast lane on the interstate, forcing people to pass me on the right, i am 100000% a road hazard and not driving in a safe manner.

Someone else already hit the nail on the head in this thread tho, I really don't think that all the black box talk is for government spy programs or for insurance to screw me over somehow. it's all so that companies can find yet another thing to try to sell me. *sigh*
My Mom is 70yo and was an overly slow and cautious driver. I catch her blowing red lights now because she doesn't want the hard braking on her drivewise which will reduce her discount.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some people like to call this a "tin foil hat" concern. But in the news today, golfer Tiger Woods was recently in a crash, and looks like the authorities are wanting to look at what they are calling the vehicle "black box". (Article link below.)

Specifically the authorities mention using the black box to "determine if criminal charges were necessary". Currently there are no criminal charges, but imagine if your vehicle rats you out and they up the charges. Cold!

Possibly the extent to which the new Bronco might rat out the owner, would depend on the number of sensors and automated functions on the various versions.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sherif...rmine-if-a-crime-was-committed-033336250.html
Just about every new car for the last 10 years has had a "black box" in which data can be pulled. I've been involved in several instances where it was used. Usually fatal or near fatal accidents.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Specifically the authorities mention using the black box to "determine if criminal charges were necessary". Currently there are no criminal charges, but imagine if your vehicle rats you out and they up the charges. Cold!

Possibly the extent to which the new Bronco might rat out the owner, would depend on the number of sensors and automated functions on the various versions.
There are two ways to look at this. The other way is that the data from the vehicle can back up your claim. Without real data, police often interpret the crash scene and make assumptions. Those assumptions can easily be wrong, no matter how "expert" or experienced the person is. Vehicle data can replace those assumptions with facts. If the facts are in your favor, that's not ratting you out, that's having your back.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People freely chatting on an internet forum (likely using a mobile device) complaining about privacy and what information the "black box" in a vehicle or may not contain.

This makes very little sense
Sponsored