Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Mom is 70yo and was an overly slow and cautious driver. I catch her blowing red lights now because she doesn't want the hard braking on her drivewise which will reduce her discount.
Believe that shit if you want. I say your mom was a "bad girl", but just has your ass fooled. Best she drove a sports car and everything back in the Daisy Duke's days.

Bet this was her here back in 74': :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Will the new Bronco rat you out? 1614819583548

She had a life before you got here. Actually, that is exactly WHY you're here!

Safe and cautious driver my ass. That woman is a speed demon, I just know it!
Sponsored

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just hope it connects to the computer chip I got with my COVID vaccine! Tire Pressure and Blood Pressure readings on my 12” screen!

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some people like to call this a "tin foil hat" concern. But in the news today, golfer Tiger Woods was recently in a crash, and looks like the authorities are wanting to look at what they are calling the vehicle "black box". (Article link below.)

Specifically the authorities mention using the black box to "determine if criminal charges were necessary". Currently there are no criminal charges, but imagine if your vehicle rats you out and they up the charges. Cold!

Possibly the extent to which the new Bronco might rat out the owner, would depend on the number of sensors and automated functions on the various versions.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sherif...rmine-if-a-crime-was-committed-033336250.html
Former LEO - I've subpoena'ed records from OnStar and the like before to use in cases. I had one where the guy wrecked his car, and the OnStar was asking him if he was OK because he deployed the airbags. He wouldn't answer them, but they heard him on the phone calling a friend and he told them "Dude, come get me now before the cops get here, I wrecked my car and I'm fucking hammered".

He went on to tell his friend he was going to start walking to avoid us, and the OnStar people told us which way he said he was going. We found him about a half mile from the scene. Drunk. Ended up getting a warrant to pull blood bc he refused to blow. That plus the OnStar got him convicted.

A friend that worked in narcotics said they could get a warrant on certain cases that were federal to activate the OnStar and listen to it real time, in certain cases. They could also use it to track the car so they didn't have to tail it and risk them seeing they were being followed.

Big Brother is real.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dont worry wont be long before they legalize it man!🤙

OP
OP
indio22

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are two ways to look at this. The other way is that the data from the vehicle can back up your claim. Without real data, police often interpret the crash scene and make assumptions. Those assumptions can easily be wrong, no matter how "expert" or experienced the person is. Vehicle data can replace those assumptions with facts. If the facts are in your favor, that's not ratting you out, that's having your back.
Agreed it could work out that way as a positive. But in the Tiger Woods case of his one car accident, where the authorities indicated there would be no charges, but now are reportedly using the "black box" to consider if criminal charges are necessary? I'd be ticked off if my car tipped them off to file charges. Maybe Ford can include an additional GOAT setting, that activates a "never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut" Bronco mode. :)

Sponsored

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They send police to classes on what 411 they can get out of a vehicle during an investigation from the electronics. Takes a search warrant on private vehicle.
i don't think your 'property' has the same standing when you sign a contract[D/L] w/ the state to use it on public roads.

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hell even this site. have a look at what's being advertised to you as you read this. Bet it's something you recently googled, or related to a website you've visited. I can't get tire rack ad's to stop popping up.
it's called being 'pixeled'

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i don't think your 'property' has the same standing when you sign a contract[D/L] w/ the state to use it on public roads.
So if my property is sitting on a public road, is it okay for someone, or police to touch it, and put a GPS tracking device on it? The answer is no. So why would it be legal for the police to touch the inside of my vehicle to get the digital information, without a warrant to let the vehicle rat me out? Contract for a drivers license is to let you drive on the road because it’s a privilege, it’s not to let government search you, unless you have been driving DUI or DUI in an injury collision.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had posted this another thread but it seemed to fit hear too:

So bringing this up again since I did convert my reservation with hesitations, only sandstone interior choices and tan dash for Wildtrak already pushed me a 2022 for possible other choices.

1. Can you turn off the voice listening system in Sync 4 so you are not being listened to 24/7?

2. I did hear that FordPass app gives/sells all your info to Progressive and Nationwide automatically, as in they pay for it?

So, how do you buy a new Bronco with Sync 4 and overt the air updates and not have your driving history, location info and speed vs speed limit downloaded and sold?

Ford Bronco Will the new Bronco rat you out? s-l225

Last edited:

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Amazing how people “want people to follow rules, follow laws”, and tell others to do it......until they themselves get caught. You’re living under a rock if you don’t think any of this isn’t already happening.:rolleyes:

Civil liberties........”freedom”, always great until you find you don’t like it when you’re the one in trouble.🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Officer do you have a search warrant

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We've been living in George Orwell's classic novel 1984 for years now 😜

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not China. But I have been to Singapore. Which is about as authoritarian as it gets.

Now, do I agree with everything they're doing? Not even the slightest. I would say they're pretty much oppressed. But man, was the city beautiful. No trash, abandoned buildings, etc... anywhere. And I've never felt that safe visiting a foreign county as I did there. However, in the same breath, not realizing it, I 'smuggled' gum in, and was chewing on some, when someone told me I better get rid of that before I get caught. (it's illegal there) So there's that. But truth be told, you didn't see old gum stuck anywhere! haha

Also, let's be serious. If you're looking up to ANY political leader in this country. That's your first problem. I don't care what side you're on. None of them are 'leaders'. They're all slimballs who worked their way up the system.

See here's the problem. The right thing to do is wear a mask for the safety of others. YOU don't care if you get Covid? go right ahead, knock yourself out. It's not fun. But you do you. Best of luck.
But be considerate of the people that don't want Covid. Do they not matter? Or those that are high risk? You want to live your life, can they not live theirs?

If more people would just do the right thing, then the law wouldn't even need to exist. I'm pretty sure this is how Australia did it, and their numbers are super low. Because it wasn't politicized and people actually decided to care for one another. Meanwhile in the US, we have the 'you can't tell me what to do' crowd. Awesome. that's working out just great for us.
I don't know if you noticed the lack of culture in Singapore. Yes it's clean and modern and cool looking, but it's so boring. There is a balance.
It sure would be in your best interest if the data revealed the vehicle failed in one fashion or another which lead to a crash, thus potentially mitigating your fault. But you can't have it both ways...no data collection to hid something you did that was unlawful and the protection of vehicle failure. There are consequences for bad behavior. I see too many dip shits speeding agressively and on their phone these days and then they crash and die or kill or harm other people. Then the next thing you see is a go fund me for the dead speeder/texter...F that. He earned it. So while my thought process was "easy" it still stands as truth.
So the question is if you stand by your post...what are you prepared to do about it??
Get a pre black box vehicle and dump your cell phone while you are at it?
Didn't think so.
Woah, pretty agressive for a Brongo forum. Take a couple breaths, it's a simple discussion. Passive aggressive "What are you going to do about it? ... didn't think so" tough guy BS aside. When it comes to law enforcement, it's not in any of our best interest to provide any information. It could easily turn into something where the box reports things to your insurance and the police. Going 5mph over the limit, they send a ticket and your insurance goes up. You take off too quickly from a stop - reckless driving. The list goes on and on. Driving too much?, your taxes go up. Sure that is the more extreme end of things but when there is a change for added revenue, they will try to get it. Of course I'm against texting while driving and reckless driving. Phone tracking is primarily advertisement based at the moment and Apple at least is taking steps to limit that. They also are pretty good with not allowing police access to iphone data.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Woah, pretty agressive for a Brongo forum. Take a couple breaths, it's a simple discussion. Passive aggressive "What are you going to do about it? ... didn't think so" tough guy BS aside. When it comes to law enforcement, it's not in any of our best interest to provide any information. It could easily turn into something where the box reports things to your insurance and the police. Going 5mph over the limit, they send a ticket and your insurance goes up. You take off too quickly from a stop - reckless driving. The list goes on and on. Driving too much?, your taxes go up. Sure that is the more extreme end of things but when there is a change for added revenue, they will try to get it. Of course I'm against texting while driving and reckless driving. Phone tracking is primarily advertisement based at the moment and Apple at least is taking steps to limit that. They also are pretty good with not allowing police access to iphone data.
It was a simple question based on your post. If you are threatened by having to defend your position and unwilling to do something to support your beliefs that's on you on. Also, if you are going to strip out lines of my post to support yours, do it in their entirety so the context isn't lost.

Again, it becomes in your best interest should the data revealed be used in your favor, yet if the data points to unlawful behavior on your part then you earned what you have coming. It's called accountability.
As far as driving more miles and your premium increasing...how is that any different than using more water or gas in the home and you bill increasing? The more you drive the more risk the insurance company has for exposure.
Don't drive like a tough guy and you will be fine. It seems like you are concerned with items you are guilty of and now wondering if those behaviors will catch up to you and your wallet.

Last edited:

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know if you noticed the lack of culture in Singapore. Yes it's clean and modern and cool looking, but it's so boring. There is a balance.
you're not wrong.
Sponsored