Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MX-5, Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You gotta ask yourself, who owns the data?
Ford, law enforcement, insurance company or you.
Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where did you get that I was defending them? smh

They deserve to be under the jail.
whew.

sorry, just the way it read. sounded like you were saying the 1000's of pages used against them wasn't ok.

my mistake!

rmanecke

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83CJ / 87YJ Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always assumed the car makers were protecting themselves from law suits related to "faulty vehicles" with this data recording stuff. Which, seems reasonable to me.

Last edited:

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
data recorders have been in cars for the last decade. Most of you have cars built within then. Have you had a problem then? Why bring this up now?

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some people like to call this a "tin foil hat" concern. But in the news today, golfer Tiger Woods was recently in a crash, and looks like the authorities are wanting to look at what they are calling the vehicle "black box". (Article link below.)

Specifically the authorities mention using the black box to "determine if criminal charges were necessary". Currently there are no criminal charges, but imagine if your vehicle rats you out and they up the charges. Cold!

Possibly the extent to which the new Bronco might rat out the owner, would depend on the number of sensors and automated functions on the various versions.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sherif...rmine-if-a-crime-was-committed-033336250.html
That stretch of road Woods was driving down has a posted speed limit of "45". Going down hill at double that into a curve would not need a black-box to tell me what happens next. A "Failure to maintain control" ticket ? But I hear if he goes to "Traffic School" he can be charged with a "Moveable" violation. (Humor).

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some people like to call this a "tin foil hat" concern. But in the news today, golfer Tiger Woods was recently in a crash, and looks like the authorities are wanting to look at what they are calling the vehicle "black box". (Article link below.)

Specifically the authorities mention using the black box to "determine if criminal charges were necessary". Currently there are no criminal charges, but imagine if your vehicle rats you out and they up the charges. Cold!

Possibly the extent to which the new Bronco might rat out the owner, would depend on the number of sensors and automated functions on the various versions.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sherif...rmine-if-a-crime-was-committed-033336250.html
From what I understand... Ford receives vehicle specific type information. The authorities need a warrant for criminal investigations. Insurance companies need your permission. That being said; Big Brother is still always watching....

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

data recorders have been in cars for the last decade. Most of you have cars built within then. Have you had a problem then? Why bring this up now?
Because it's the internet and people like to bitch, myself included. Now I don't give two shits about the black box in question because everything is tracked these days in a modern setting. Don't be an asshole and you will be fine, or if you are an asshole be prepared to own it. Simple.
Plus, new info on the Bronco is getting scarce and folks have come down from the KOH high and are getting restless.
Hell, we were comparing a sticker to a vagina just early today.

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Plus, new info on the Bronco is getting scarce and folks have come down from the KOH high and are getting restless.
Hit the nail on the head here.

Broncojeff

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2020 GT350 R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My Ford dealer and Ford itself bugs the heck out of me to sign up for Ford Pass on each new vehicle I get. With Ford Pass I've realized they constantly have all the info they need to possibly deny a warranty claim, etc. due to driving habits, maintenance or whatever else. For me at least, the Ford Pass points are not worth me giving up that information to potentially use against me. I'll pay for my own first oil change and tire rotation which is about what the award points for the purchase of a vehicle get you.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The SUV Tiger was driving even knows where your eyes were looking. It knows everything.

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's todays technology driven world, you can escape the digital dragnet!!

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. I'm sure there are some future lawsuits to attempt to prevent the authorities from accessing. It's your property (probably doesn't matter if they get a warrant). The data probably doesn't have much security ala apple products to keep snoopers from snoopin.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because it's the internet and people like to bitch, myself included. Now I don't give two shits about the black box in question because everything is tracked these days in a modern setting. Don't be an asshole and you will be fine, or if you are an asshole be prepared to own it. Simple.
Hell, we were comparing a sticker to a vagina just early today.
That is an easy thought process, sure. It's a bigger issue however and there is a lot more at stake in the future from the big brother trackers. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but these sort of things are not in the public's best interest. They serve greed and authoritarianism.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Our vehicles already have the "mark of the beast" and someday we will join them,,,, or not.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Ford dealer and Ford itself bugs the heck out of me to sign up for Ford Pass on each new vehicle I get. With Ford Pass I've realized they constantly have all the info they need to possibly deny a warranty claim, etc. due to driving habits, maintenance or whatever else. For me at least, the Ford Pass points are not worth me giving up that information to potentially use against me. I'll pay for my own first oil change and tire rotation which is about what the award points for the purchase of a vehicle get you.
Whether you sign up and download the Fordpass app or not, your Ford vehicle and most others have a GPS installed into the car. They know your vin number and can track your speed, location, etc. whether you give them permission or not. Now, Ford agrees to not use this information under their privacy policy. But if your car is stolen or you are a fugitive in your own vehicle, law enforcement with the right warrants, can compel the manufacturer to turn over that data.
Sponsored