Will the pre-production Broncos have the same quality issues the F-150 is having?

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Clubs

Lilj4425

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Just another reason why their stock price is so low. Another change of leadership is needed I see.

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane

OregonHighlander

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Dodge Charger/Wife; Ford Transit Connect/
Vehicle Showcase
I have an F150 (and have had 4-5 prior) with NO quality control issues whatsoever. This article sounds more like bitching from the Union than real issues. And, these are pre-production models where they work out the kinks. It does FORD no good to turn out a bad product. IMO, article is BS and Ford will produce a top quality Bronco as well.

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an F150 (and have had 4-5 prior) with NO quality control issues whatsoever. This article sounds more like bitching from the Union than real issues. And, these are pre-production models where they work out the kinks. It does FORD no good to turn out a bad product. IMO, article is BS and Ford will produce a top quality Bronco as well.
That's why I posted the other article, it gives the full story and I must say I feel that Farley is handling this appropriately. Ford hasn't sold the most trucks for over 40 years running for nothing.

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a 2022 Bronco will be a better idea.
I am thinking that when the dust settles most new Broncos will ultimately be the 22 my anyway depending when they do the cutoff.

OP
wylieone46

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Clubs

That's why I posted the other article, it gives the full story and I must say I feel that Farley is handling this appropriately. Ford hasn't sold the most trucks for over 40 years running for nothing.
Thanks for posting this other article. It does explain what is going on better for sure.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
That is a sensationalist article and title by autoblog. This happens with almost every new vehicle launch and for every manufacturer I've worked for, GM, Ford, FCA, Toyota and Hyundai-Kia. When the 2019 Silverado/Sierra launched we had the same thing. Some software and trim did not make it in time for startup, so they had to be staged and completed when they became available.

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting this other article. It does explain what is going on better for sure.
Yes, when you read what is actually happening it makes sense. Ford is correcting minor glitches before shipping rather than making it a warranty issue which is good for no one!

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just another reason why their stock price is so low. Another change of leadership is needed I see.
I own their stock and wish I had more, better get you some or you will be sorry!

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
There are so many on here complaining about the delays. Yes I hate them too but you'd be complaining even more if they rushed it out the door only to have a lot of QC issues. There's still no guarantee that there won't be any but I'd rather have a few delays if it means they're still perfecting certain issues.

When the Ranger launched there were a few that had injector problems (bad batch) and hood and fender alignment issues along with a few other things. They were concentrated to a select batch and they fixed this right away. Nothings perfect but I'm glad that Ford seems to be doing all they can to make it as close to perfect as they can. Even though some criticize them and have this conspiracy that they're intensionally doing this.

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
who cares what problems the pre-production ones have? Isn't that why they are made, to identify and fix things before actual production?
Bingo, give that man a cigar!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
There are so many on here complaining about the delays. Yes I hate them too but you'd be complaining even more if they rushed it out the door only to have a lot of QC issues. There's still no guarantee that there won't be any but I'd rather have a few delays if it means they're still perfecting certain issues.

When the Ranger launched there were a few that had injector problems (bad batch) and hood and fender alignment issues along with a few other things. They were concentrated to a select batch and they fixed this right away. Nothings perfect but I'm glad that Ford seems to be doing all they can to make it as close to perfect as they can. Even though some criticize them and have this conspiracy that they're intensionally doing this.
It wasn't very long ago that people were saying they don't care how long it takes. They'll gladly wait until 2022. just get it right. That didn't last long.

Advertisement

BuiltRight

Advertisement