Sponsored

Will the pre-production Broncos have the same quality issues the F-150 is having?

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just another reason why their stock price is so low. Another change of leadership is needed I see.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an F150 (and have had 4-5 prior) with NO quality control issues whatsoever. This article sounds more like bitching from the Union than real issues. And, these are pre-production models where they work out the kinks. It does FORD no good to turn out a bad product. IMO, article is BS and Ford will produce a top quality Bronco as well.

OP
OP
wylieone46

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's why I posted the other article, it gives the full story and I must say I feel that Farley is handling this appropriately. Ford hasn't sold the most trucks for over 40 years running for nothing.
Thanks for posting this other article. It does explain what is going on better for sure.

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is a sensationalist article and title by autoblog. This happens with almost every new vehicle launch and for every manufacturer I've worked for, GM, Ford, FCA, Toyota and Hyundai-Kia. When the 2019 Silverado/Sierra launched we had the same thing. Some software and trim did not make it in time for startup, so they had to be staged and completed when they became available.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are so many on here complaining about the delays. Yes I hate them too but you'd be complaining even more if they rushed it out the door only to have a lot of QC issues. There's still no guarantee that there won't be any but I'd rather have a few delays if it means they're still perfecting certain issues.

When the Ranger launched there were a few that had injector problems (bad batch) and hood and fender alignment issues along with a few other things. They were concentrated to a select batch and they fixed this right away. Nothings perfect but I'm glad that Ford seems to be doing all they can to make it as close to perfect as they can. Even though some criticize them and have this conspiracy that they're intensionally doing this.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are so many on here complaining about the delays. Yes I hate them too but you'd be complaining even more if they rushed it out the door only to have a lot of QC issues. There's still no guarantee that there won't be any but I'd rather have a few delays if it means they're still perfecting certain issues.

When the Ranger launched there were a few that had injector problems (bad batch) and hood and fender alignment issues along with a few other things. They were concentrated to a select batch and they fixed this right away. Nothings perfect but I'm glad that Ford seems to be doing all they can to make it as close to perfect as they can. Even though some criticize them and have this conspiracy that they're intensionally doing this.
It wasn't very long ago that people were saying they don't care how long it takes. They'll gladly wait until 2022. just get it right. That didn't last long.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It wasn't very long ago that people were saying they don't care how long it takes. They'll gladly wait until 2022. just get it right. That didn't last long.
Lol right! I get it people are getting impatient but in the long run I'd rather wait and have it as close to perfect as can be than get a rushed out version that'll have many recalls. I'm still happy mines a MY'22 but I will be envious when people here start taking delivery and posting theirs.

Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My thoughts exactly. I'd rather wait a little longer if it means we end up with a better built vehicle with fewer problems

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

CEO Jim Farley has acknowledged to shareholders that FORD is loosing to GM when it comes to warranty repairs and that its costing the company a few percentage points in profit. Farley is going to start holding the Suppliers responsible by passing on a percentage of warranty costs to them, something neither of the previous CEOs did. I believe this is what has partially led to the delay at Webasto, the hard top supplier. I am confident that though the Bronco rollout is being slowed down to a snails pace, we will be getting a better quality product for it! I am perfectly fine with getting a 2022 First Edition :)

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford is not actually having any quality issues on trucks being shipped. There are minor issues with some pre-production models Ford built and Farley wants them perfect before they ship.
These trucks are not pre-production. Pre-production are never sold. These are early production trucks going to dealers and then end consumers.

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the Bronco Sport which is made in Mexico isn't having any serious quality issues, then I wouldn't worry about the Bronco having any.

I feel very comfortable about the Bronco coming off the line without any serious issues.
Sponsored