Sponsored

Will the slide out tailgate delete the storage cubby underneath it?

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will the slide out tailgate delete the storage cubby underneath it?
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is something we asked quite a while ago and never got any answer.I would think that it doesn't allow you to get under it, but then again maybe that is why it was pushed so far back in the year.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. That's where the jack goes.

What we don't know is how the slide out table is anchored to the floor.

It's possible that it's only anchored in the rear... the tray only slides out about a foot, which is only 1/3-1/2 the total depth of the cargo area/tray frame. I suspect this is so it can be robust enough to support a grown-ass-adult. Additionally, anchoring it at the front (rear of the vehicle... this is getting confusing) would be unnecessary.

It's conceivable that the entire table unit could remain anchored in the rear of it and swing up to allow access to the cubby... or maybe you have to unbolt / unlatch the table or something every time you want to access that space.

We just don't know yet.

Sponsored

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last I heard it was bolted in. It's weight/load bearing so it has to be bolted in. I would think this loses the storage cubby and the cargo your downs. And it's already been started you can't fit the doors with it. I wanted it at first but I'll wait for a better solution.

OP
OP
TiredOldMedic

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. That's where the jack goes.

What we don't know is how the slide out table is anchored to the floor.

It's possible that it's only anchored in the rear... the tray only slides out about a foot, which is only 1/3-1/2 the total depth of the cargo area/tray frame. I suspect this is so it can be robust enough to support a grown-ass-adult. Additionally, anchoring it at the front (rear of the vehicle... this is getting confusing) would be unnecessary.

It's conceivable that the entire table unit could remain anchored in the rear of it and swing up to allow access to the cubby... or maybe you have to unbolt / unlatch the table or something every time you want to access that space.

We just don't know yet.
I want to set mine up like the Overlanding rig. I've been looking at small fridges and just trying to figure out how its all gonna work. Not sure if the fridge on a slide out tray would work with the tailgate.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question. It almost needs to hinge in the front and latch down in the back to allow access
This is definitely the way it should be designed, but I doubt it is.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe I'd read that there were pop-out D rings. Gotta have easy access.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Will the slide out tailgate delete the storage cubby underneath it? 1613671093369

To be robust enough I doubt it is accessible. My bet would be on a flip up storage cubby on the seat side (front) of the tray. If they leave a void there you would have room for the jack and tooling.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Will the slide out tailgate delete the storage cubby underneath it? 1613671093369

To be robust enough I doubt it is accessible. My bet would be on a flip up storage cubby on the seat side (front) of the tray. If they leave a void there you would have room for the jack and tooling.
I doubt it. Think about it, are they going to make different bodies? Just for the so-far non-existent slider? Which is an aftermarket accessory? It'll be removable.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wont delete the storage just cover it and make it very difficult to get to. It’s a dealer installed accessory.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt it. Think about it, are they going to make different bodies? Just for the so-far non-existent slider? Which is an aftermarket accessory? It'll be removable.
Of course it’s removable . It’ll probably be bolted in the corners where the d rings are that get removed to install this. I’m sure they will just come with longer bolts that go through a hole in the d ring. All I was saying is that they will make a permanent cubby to put the jack and tooling into. That cubby will be part of the tray assembly. No one is going to remove it once installed.

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last I heard it was bolted in. It's weight/load bearing so it has to be bolted in. I would think this loses the storage cubby and the cargo your downs. And it's already been started you can't fit the doors with it. I wanted it at first but I'll wait for a better solution.
I believe we figured out the doors WILL fit (remember the reveal cactus gray one had them in the back), but that the cargo area part of the apparatus covers the tether points that the doors attach to, so therefore Ford has to say you can't put them back there.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If FoMoCo would have just given us a true drop down tailgate instead of coping Jeep's swinging tailgate, this would be a non-issue...... just saying
Sponsored