Sponsored

Will the slide out tailgate delete the storage cubby underneath it?

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If FoMoCo would have just given us a true drop down tailgate instead of coping Jeep's swinging tailgate, this would be a non-issue...... just saying
That'd be a bitch to lower and raise with a 100 lb tire/wheel on the back.

I do think a lid on the tailgate makes the most sense; extend sliding tailgate, raise lid, access underneath.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last I heard it was bolted in. It's weight/load bearing so it has to be bolted in. I would think this loses the storage cubby and the cargo your downs. And it's already been started you can't fit the doors with it. I wanted it at first but I'll wait for a better solution.
I did some research on this, and posted on it earlier as far as will Doors fit..they will. I show pics of the doors fitting with the slideout and without. The problems is not will they fit, the problem is the door tie down straps, but I think I figured out a fairly easy solution.

My understanding is the slideout is bolted in with 2 side rails (that use the existing standard 4 tie downs locations on the cargo area floor with tie downs removed to leave bolt holes) and then a cover attaches to the side rails. From what I understand is that to access the cubby you must fully extend the slideout, and there are 4 new tie down mechanisms that screw through the cover (to hold it down) and are anchored into the side rails. You unscrew or unclip ( I don't know which ) the plastic cover that conceals the 4 tie down bolts and remove and the cover comes off. Kinda awkward, be better with a hinge but does give you access.

Here is my early post with pics

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...a-with-bronco-brand-manager.10599/post-394968

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That'd be a bitch to lower and raise with a 100 lb tire/wheel on the back.

I do think a lid on the tailgate makes the most sense; extend sliding tailgate, raise lid, access underneath.
Swing Away Spare Tire Holder (like all of the Jeep Off-Roaders running larger that factory tires are adding to their Jeeps.....)

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Swing Away Spare Tire Holder (like all of the Jeep Off-Roaders running larger that factory tires are adding to their Jeeps.....)
Good point, wasn't implied in the other post since the current setup is posted to the door.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok what I want to know, with a soft-top, and a slide out, and one of those fancy secure enclosures for the storage area that closes it off when the swing gate is closed:

can I take off the doors and store them and the enclosure top piece wedged between them in the cargo area?

even if they have to stick above the sports rail due to the added height of the slide-out and the enclosure top.

Cause that would be sweet because I want all of these things and think they might conflict with eachother.

Edit: Four door

Edit Again: forget the slide out, the rest then?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Of course it’s removable . It’ll probably be bolted in the corners where the d rings are that get removed to install this. I’m sure they will just come with longer bolts that go through a hole in the d ring. All I was saying is that they will make a permanent cubby to put the jack and tooling into. That cubby will be part of the tray assembly. No one is going to remove it once installed.
Maybe the front of the slider cabinet bolts to the back bolt studs for the rear seat.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ok what I want to know, with a soft-top, and a slide out, and one of those fancy secure enclosures for the storage area that closes it off when the swing gate is closed:

can I take off the doors and store them and the enclosure top piece wedged between them in the cargo area?

even if they have to stick above the sports rail due to the added height of the slide-out and the enclosure top.

Cause that would be sweet because I want all of these things and think they might conflict with eachother.

Edit: Four door
Tetris?

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm an excellent real life application tetris guy.

in my head this works out. unless the enclosure thing makes the area too narrow for the doors. otherwise, I don't think i see a problem. But i'm just one tetris guy. We the forum, are many

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well the jack is under there somewhere too, I can imagine changing a tire would be fun.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case you or anyone else was curious, I got an email from a completely random cargo enclosure company, that could hypothetically be, but probably isn't, working directly with Ford.

They said hypothetically if they did work with Ford, they would aim to design the enclosure to maximize and not disrupt the cargo space of any hypothetical vehicle. And if a vehicle could stow doors as designed, the company would in theory, be provided specifications from any random vehicle manufacturer in order to design the enclosure to be used in conjunction with the standard design functions of the vehicle. One such possible function being door storage in the cargo area.

Hypothetically. :giggle:

Sponsored

CyberVegas

First Edition
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Will this make the floor level more even when the seats are folded down?

karguy08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone heard recently when this tailgate accessory will be in production? Also, i thought i had seen pricing on it at one time (early B&P maybe?), but I forget what it was. For some reason I am expecting around $400; can anyone confirm?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone heard recently when this tailgate accessory will be in production? Also, i thought i had seen pricing on it at one time (early B&P maybe?), but I forget what it was. For some reason I am expecting around $400; can anyone confirm?
It’s a figment of our imagination right now.

... kind of like the Bronco itself for many of us :unsure:
Sponsored