Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not a chance in hell. The G-Wagon sells because it's a status symbol. Lincoln hasn't had a true status-symbol car since, well, this:

Ford Bronco Will there be a future Lincoln Bronco? 1623516264609
Sponsored

OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cool concept but I think it already exists in the outer banks. The interior dimensions and shape are too far off to have a premium lincoln rear seat. I mean what else can you put in it that a accessorized lux OB doesnt have? A cartier clock? I think the OB fits that estate car asthetic that the old wagoneer afforded itself. And as for ballers they could just go to their local pimp my ride shop and glam n glitz it all they want, maybe led lights on the wheels er rims in the shape of a $.
Rear ac vents. 😂

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A Blackwood edition could be cool. Was always surprised that truck didn't get more attention.
So the next generation of F-150 got the "Mark LT" Lincoln version which actually had a cool interior. The piping on the seats was a bit corny but I dug it.

Ford Bronco Will there be a future Lincoln Bronco? 1623519434833

Unfortunately they didn't really differentiate it from the F-150. They should have given it full time 4wd and the 32V 5.4 like the Navigator had, that way it actually had some tangible benefit over the F-150.

But after this generation Ford introduced the Platinum F-150 that played in the same pricing space that this did. Except for Mexico, Mexico got another generation of the Mark LT that was an abomination styling-wise.

Ford Bronco Will there be a future Lincoln Bronco? 1623519639477

I'm glad we didn't get that.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Absolutely not, Ford learned that lesson with the Blackwood.

That said, if they can engineer a four-door convertible where the doors come off in the Bronco, how hard could it be to engineer a four-door convertible with suicide doors? I'm down for a next-gen Continental on the Bronco platform.

2a1e1054257c7c4aaf687765b46b0aca.jpg

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That said, if they can engineer a four-door convertible where the doors come off in the Bronco, how hard could it be to engineer a four-door convertible with suicide doors? I'm down for a next-gen Continental on the Bronco platform.

Ford Bronco Will there be a future Lincoln Bronco? 44F6B1B1-3735-409E-BC3A-63501D8C04C1

Sponsored

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Waste of time. Let’s not pretend that Lincoln is in the same class with the likes of Land Rover, Mercedes or Lexus. Honestly, Ford should probably just dump the Lincoln brand altogether like they did with Mercury and let the Bronco brand grow to a point where they can provide different classes of vehicles.

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe, after a few years. When every person that wants a Bronco has a Bronco.. Sales will slow and the Ford marketing department starts looking for a different group of customers. Something like a fancy Outer Banks.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there is a Lincoln version I think we will also need a Mercury one, and not just in Canada.

I am currently searching for a unibody Mercury M100.
M100's... (y)
I've wanted to do a restomod of an M100 for a long time. But never thought of the unibody versions. Hard enough to find the unibody F100 equivalent.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, No, hardtop, AC vents, Blackwood...
I think everyone is missing the critical question. What would you call it.

Given the current nautical/aviation theme for their lineup (Navigator, Aviator, Nautilus, Corsair), what would you name a Lincoln "Bronco".

Drawing from some of the great wilderness planes of the north, I'm thinking...
Lincoln Otter
or maybe...
Lincoln Beaver

Now, if we could just get one with a nine cylinder radial engine!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waste of time. Let’s not pretend that Lincoln is in the same class with the likes of Land Rover, Mercedes or Lexus. Honestly, Ford should probably just dump the Lincoln brand altogether like they did with Mercury and let the Bronco brand grow to a point where they can provide different classes of vehicles.
I’m not sure you have looked at those brands lately...but having shopped and recently bought a full size SUV (an Escalade), Lincoln’s Navigator is superior to the Lexus LX570 in almost every area. I had a 570 for 8 years...and the new one is truly lipstick on Grandma. Escalade and Navigator crush it. That Navigator is also far superior in quality than any Land Rover. It’s not close. You know not of what you speak on that subject...

Sponsored

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly. These brands are a different class, all with different problems sets.

It's not that Ford can't build a Luxury vehicle, it's just not perceived as being their core strength and it seems that consumers agree. Looking at US sales figures, BMW, Mercedes and Lexus each outsell Lincoln by 3-4x in the US. Even Land Rover outperforms Lincoln in US sales.

This is just my opinion. But, I think people associate Ford with muscle cars and, of course, tough trucks. That's why I think the Bronco brand has more potential, even in the luxury space. Because it's tough at its core and fits the Ford persona. I personally don't think Lincoln will ever be able to generate the level of excitement that Bronco has generated nor do I think Lincoln will compete long-term with the big luxury brands. The brand has been stale too long, even to the point where the rising class of senior citizens aren't showing much interest.

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m not sure you have looked at those brands lately...but having shopped and recently bought a full size SUV (an Escalade), Lincoln’s Navigator is superior to the Lexus LX570 in almost every area. I had a 570 for 8 years...and the new one is truly lipstick on Grandma. Escalade and Navigator crush it. That Navigator is also far superior in quality than any Land Rover. It’s not close. You know not of what you speak on that subject...
Yet you bought the Escalade. 🤔

OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly. These brands are a different class, all with different problems sets.

It's not that Ford can't build a Luxury vehicle, it's just not perceived as being their core strength and it seems that consumers agree. Looking at US sales figures, BMW, Mercedes and Lexus each outsell Lincoln by 3-4x in the US. Even Land Rover outperforms Lincoln in US sales.

This is just my opinion. But, I think people associate Ford with muscle cars and, of course, tough trucks. That's why I think the Bronco brand has more potential, even in the luxury space. Because it's tough at its core and fits the Ford persona. I personally don't think Lincoln will ever be able to generate the level of excitement that Bronco has generated nor do I think Lincoln will compete long-term with the big luxury brands. The brand has been stale too long, even to the point where the rising class of senior citizens aren't showing much interest.
Is Jeep in the same class? $100k for a lowly Jeep.

2022 Jeep Wagoneer