Sponsored

Will this new Ford Bronco be your first Bronco?

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This will be my first, but I’ve been admiring them since I got my Drivers License in High School (40+ years ago). Was crushing on that Eddie Bauer edition hard.

I did have a CJ just before Chrysler took over AMC. That was a definite bucket list vehicle and it was seriously ‘capable‘. I hated trading it in, but missed having one creature comfort - Air Conditioning.

I have admired the look of the original 66 in movies and TV shows, so this one will be fun for me And I will like the admiring looks I’ll be getting.
Sponsored

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First Bronco, but I had a white ’93 Explorer Sport, 2-door, 5-speed manual. I’m hoping to recapture the spirit of that truck but even better.

Memphis Vince

Base
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2 door base 2.3L standard shift
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will be my first bronco but broncos been in the family history for years. Dad belonged to a hunting club and they had a late 60's Green with white top and no floor boards. I got bounced around in the back seat with fishing polls sticking out the back. Brother owned a late 70's full size brown in color. Dad and brother have since passed in the last four years and I'm upset they aren't here to see me finally get mine.

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First Bronco. Still have 90 Bronco II. Had 89 ranger bought new till I wore it out. Had Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 2 Explorers

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 20241

I was with my father when he bought a Bronco II on the spot back in 1986. He quickly grew to hate it. He said it drank gas and he always had to have his foot on the gas or it wanted to stop (it wouldn't coast much I guess). My older brother wrapped it around a tree shortly after getting his drivers license six months after we got it so we didn't have it very long. Thats my Bronco II story.
YIkes......
I truly hope your luck improves.✔

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does a 1984 Mercury Capri count?

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3rd Bronco

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m a k5 Blazer guy but also love my Ford Flex for a daily so this will be my first Bronco. With all my Chevy trucks I’m sure it will fit in nice.

Sponsored

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will be my first bronco but broncos been in the family history for years. Dad belonged to a hunting club and they had a late 60's Green with white top and no floor boards. I got bounced around in the back seat with fishing polls sticking out the back. Brother owned a late 70's full size brown in color. Dad and brother have since passed in the last four years and I'm upset they aren't here to see me finally get mine.
This will be the fourth 2EB’s 68, 73, 88 still have the 73, its a bit modified! The 68 i learned how to drive in was also a white over green and I drove that one into the ground in ‘89. It had no floor boards either. I’m envious of you as you had a back seat! I grew up riding on top of the rear wheel well holding on for dear life. My dad was pissed when I sold the 68 for $1K. He never saw the 73 my son and I rebuilt over three years but I’m sure he’s in heaven smiling down on me now. It has no rust, a 347 stroker motor, NP435 one ton truck gear box, will smoke 35’s if you jump on it. If he had has this in the 68 instead of the 170 CI straight six I’m sure I would never have seen eight years of age. Broncos are in my blood!

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It'll be my second Bronco. Had a '95 through high school and part of college.

Tripper

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Mustang GT Conv & '13 Ford Edge Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does a 1984 Mercury Capri count?
Was it a 5.0? My brother had an 85 with the v8 5L. Quite the sleeper back in the late 80s/early 90s.