Sponsored

Will this new Ford Bronco be your first Bronco?

6G_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 2DR waiting
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will be my first Bronco but have been around and driven a few in the past, '92 and exGFs Bronco II.
2 Door BL SAS 2.7 high package
Opted for 22 ordering banks to open up but first day reservation holder.
Sponsored

Kennys2g

Base
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
This will be my 7th.
Bought a gen2 78 Ranger XLT (my avatar pic) off the lot after driving past the dealership, spotting it and banging a u-turn in my 71 Dodge 340, 4sp Demon. Would love to have them both back!
Sadly sold the 78 once my daughter was born (the dealer missed checking the box on the order for a back seat!) and we were buying a house so it was practical cars for a while. Got the bug again a few years later and bought a gen3 with a back seat! Had that for a couple years then my wife came home and said “I don’t want to tell you this but I know how much you loved your first Bronco so I will. It’s for sale at the other end of town.” So I sold the gen3 and bought my gen2 back. The guy did a little work to it but other than the typical rust starting and a few thousand miles more, it was in pretty good shape. I then bought a 67 with the intentions of fixing it up and then a 77 with the same intentions so I had 3 in my driveway at once. As time and money would have it and with a growing kid and a house to maintain, I eventually wound up selling them all. My cousin and best friend both had gen1’s about the same timeframe so I was able to get my Bronco fix helping them work on theirs. No Broncos in my life until 2010. Bought a 79 that was actually in pretty decent shape. Did a bit of work to it but had to sell due to a job change. So I’m super excited about the BB I have reserved. Will be ordering it for MY22 delivery.

Kennys2g

Base
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
EDIT- After buying the 78 back, the mechanic at the end of my street had a wrecked gen2 with a back seat. I bought that and put it in my 78 so my daughter could ride in it!

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never had a bronco, but I've had a Gran Torino, Sable, Ranger, Fusion, and MKZ so Ford is not a stranger to me.

Sponsored

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First Bronco for me. My uncle had a Gen 1 and a Gen 5 as I was growing up. I remember one of them having a zippered storage compartment in the door and that's where he would ice down and keep his beer. It was that same Bronco that came to the rescue when the hearse carrying his father-in-law could not make it up the hill to the family cemetery. They loaded the casket in the Bronco, strapped it down and away they went!

RiskyB

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This will be my first Bronco and I'm driving my wife nuts while waiting...as patiently as possible. I've had several Fords over the years; 97 Explorer, 99 Ranger, 01 F150, 06 F150, 04 Mustang GT. It's funny, my wife works for Fred Jones (Ford parts distributor) and we dont currently own a Ford, hopefully that will end soon.

Jmoder

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Chrysler convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First. Had a 95 wrangler that I loved. This looks like an awesome vehicle.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm driving my wife nuts while waiting
I was definitely in this boat. She was tired of hearing about the thing. Luckily I was able to take a mannequin out this past weekend and get her in it. Her first impression? "This is so loud i wouldn't want to drive this". Then I put the top back into sunrider and finally it made sense to her. She loved cruising around aimlessly with no roof in sight. She's looking forward to seeing what it feels like with the top completely off and no doors.

Pre driving her in the thing I'd talk bronco and she'd look bored.

After the top down drive it's "why don't you spend more money, get something you really love"

Sponsored

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a Bronco II when they first came out....what POS. The engine ran great but the brakes would fade in and out....Not sure if you count the Bronco II as Bronco.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a Bronco II when they first came out....what POS. The engine ran great but the brakes would fade in and out....Not sure if you count the Bronco II as Bronco.
Sure is a Bronco. Most people overlook the fact that the Bronco II and it's replacement the Explorer are still number 1 and 2 on the most deadly vehicles list. Both far surpass the Pinto by hundreds of deaths. The Pinto's bad rap comes from Ford knowing of the fuel tank issue but not fixing it to save money. Yet the Bronco II and Explorer were far more deadly. Actually owned a few Pintos which was a much better car than say a Vega or Chevette.

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my first Bronco and first Ford. My grandpa always had Fords. Here is a few shots of the Bronco co next to his old farm truck

5DC1820C-AE06-41B9-AC09-74C8674E5188.jpeg

72DB819E-09F9-4319-8339-CFE476ACBF53.jpeg

2CEC5118-B946-4352-9E12-A424249FFA7E.jpeg

Ciscollector

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 F250 Highboy; 2000 LX470; 2017 JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had a '75 Bronco in the late '90s/'00s for a few years and tore it down to refinish/restore it. Ended up selling it in boxes and plastic tubs when kids and house projects came along and took all my time. Biggest regret ever. Bought it for $2,500. Sold it in pieces for $2,500. I've had various jeeps all along. Bought the '75 F250 Highboy in 2012 as consolation. Love the truck and will probably restore it when I retire. I've been waiting for another Bronco for a long time and have the hardest time deciding whether to put the money into a new Bronco or buy a restored original. As I get older, modern conveniences are nice.