Sponsored

Will we be able to watch our Broncos being built at Michigan assembly plant?

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an engineer and a several decade car-freak, I think the C8 is a stunning value -- I can't believe they were able to provide such performance at that price. And even setting aside price, the driving experience is superb.

Why do I have a C7 then? For my use as a semi-daily driver, the C5-C7 is a much more practical car, as the storage space is all in one cavernous area, and it's reachable from the front seat. The C8 may have about the same total cubic feet of storage, but it is split between the frunk and the golf bag-sized vertical trunk, and there's no place in the cabin to pitch things out of the way like a baseball cap or a collapsible umbrella.

Also, while no C8 manual tranny wasn't a deal-breaker (the DCT is excellent), I prefer a manual tranny in a sport-oriented vehicle.

Add in the fact that I hit the market at the perfect time -- when dealers were trying to give away C7's while C8 anticipation was building (and before C7 prices went back up once the C8 was revealed) -- and I suddenly realized that I could actually afford a Z06, and it became an easy choice.

Don't get me wrong -- If my C7 was totaled tomorrow, I'd be looking hard at C8s. That would be in no small part due to the fact that 2019 Z06 owners think we have a unicorn that must be worth twice its price, and I couldn't afford to buy a low-miles replacement! :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

BigIrish

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Continental
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I plan on following mine down the line. But I work there so it shouldn't be a problem.
Can you follow mine and drive it across the street to Demmer so I can take delivery....

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BMW provided this on my 2011 X3 via your online account. Only showed certain parts of the assembly line ending with the final drive off. They cut the video before driving my off. Figured they had to push it off.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do they offer tours in general???

I know Subaru does in Lafayette, In ....as I recall only on Fridays. first thing in the AM, kids gotta be like 16 minimum.
Honda plant in So. In does too.

I know the delivery thing has to be paid no matter what, but a "delivered at the plant" option would be cool as fudge....just sayin'.

The above qoute reminds me of my time in the Marines, doing testing at White Sands Missile Range, CONSTANT reminders to not talk about our work here at all ...zero nada zilch .....
Picked up a shitty little newspaper from the the shitty little town and there's a picture of our gear right on the front page, headline:
******* MISSILE SYSTEM IN TOWN FOR TESTING...
all kinds of information that I know for a fact was classified right there in the article....massive WTF moment.
You would be surprised how much classified information is public knowledge. However if nobody realizes it's classified, it's not an issue.

There's also different levels of classification, ranging from public knowledge to "I have no idea what you're talking about I've never heard of that before... *shoots the guy and hides the body*

How do I know this?

That's classified ?

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The last time I was in a plant was the Rouge where they built Mustangs. The last stop was the hood fitter, whe twisted the rubber stoppers and reefed on the hood to get a match to the fenders before the porter got in and hammered the car, squealing the tires out of the line into the parking lot. I am sure it would not be acceptable these days for all sorts of reasons :oops:

bossboy

First Edition
First Name
Anson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2013 JKU, 1974 Bronco, 1970 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The last time I was in a plant was the Rouge where they built Mustangs. The last stop was the hood fitter, whe twisted the rubber stoppers and reefed on the hood to get a match to the fenders before the porter got in and hammered the car, squealing the tires out of the line into the parking lot. I am sure it would not be acceptable these days for all sorts of reasons :oops:
Were you on the tour with the Boss reunion group?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or maybe even some photos of the progress? That would be pretty sweet. With COVID and everything, photos might be the only thing that has a chance of happening. :unsure:
0% chance of photos.

Ford (pre- and post-COVID) had/will have tours of the Rouge plant in MIchigan, where the F-150 is made. They are adamant about not taking photos of the assembly line area. The tour is very cool, and it really gives you an idea of how finely-honed the process is to keep everything moving smoothly. Parts come from above, or just about anywhere. A red one, then white, then another red, then blue, whatever. You can walk around a good section of the perimeter of the assembly area to see the majority of the process happening. But it's clear that a lot of time, money and effort went into setting things up for tours. If the Bronco/Ranger plant isn't already setup for that, it's not happening any time in the next couple of years, if it was ever to happen. But I feel like Ford figures they already have a plant setup for tours, and the process is essentially the same, just the vehicle is different. Even if you bought an F-150 and knew exactly what day it was going to be made at Rouge, the chances of figuring out which one was yours would be lottery-winning slim when so many pass through every hour.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you on the tour with the Boss reunion group?
I think it was my buddies dad who set it up, I went twice, once in grade school and once in high school. It was one of the only plants where iron ore went in one part of the plant and finished vehicles came out the other. It was a steel plant and a manufacturing facility rolled into one.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just live feed some camera views from inside the Bronco plant for everyone to see. I’d lay some pretty good odds it’d be at least as popular as the eagle nesting sites where you get to watch the baby eagles hatch and eventually fly. Then we can all delude ourselves anytime a similar build rolls by that we saw our Bronco getting built. This site would have to create a new thread category for posting screen shots of our delusions.

Sponsored

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’d love that! I’d also love to visit the factory and see them going down the assembly line 😍

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
While I think Broncos are super cool its not in the same league as a Corvette. Keep in mind the guys that generally do this on Corvettes are high end model purchasers (Z06 and ZR1). They are already spending $70K are generally 60+, and probably retired with nothing but time and money. Not to say Corvettes are rare but its highly unlikely many guys do it on base of Grand Sport purchases. If Broncos are selling 80k+ units annually its not feasible. Never mind COVID issues which were already brought up. If Ford offered it I would happily skip that option..

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They could set up a “factory cam” site. It’d be like those eagle cam sites where you get to watch the baby eagles hatch.
Sponsored