Sponsored

Will we be able to watch our Broncos being built at Michigan assembly plant?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do they offer tours in general???

I know Subaru does in Lafayette, In ....as I recall only on Fridays. first thing in the AM, kids gotta be like 16 minimum.
Honda plant in So. In does too.

I know the delivery thing has to be paid no matter what, but a "delivered at the plant" option would be cool as fudge....just sayin'.

The above qoute reminds me of my time in the Marines, doing testing at White Sands Missile Range, CONSTANT reminders to not talk about our work here at all ...zero nada zilch .....
Picked up a shitty little newspaper from the the shitty little town and there's a picture of our gear right on the front page, headline:
******* MISSILE SYSTEM IN TOWN FOR TESTING...
all kinds of information that I know for a fact was classified right there in the article....massive WTF moment.
Lol when in the usaf i was on a base that had the sr71 code named habu after a poisonious snake local to that area.

We were told dont talk about it,dont take pics,dont mention it on phone or letters under penality of court marshal.

So this one day i look around and all these locals are swarming the field by the fence to the active runway,wth a party atmosphere out there lawn chairs ,blankets ,coolers ,kids out of class.

They all get into position and 10 min later the habu comes out of the hanger taxis down and shoots into the sky full afterburner dissapears as a dot.

Everyone packs up and goes home ! some super secret stuff there 🙈
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello! They should set up a live cam like they do for those giraffes about to have baby giraffes!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When my brother and I went through new dealer orientation they took us through the plant. No phones out and we had union "minders" along on each area we toured. Funny we couldn't have phones out but every third person standing behind the line (assuming they were union and on break) had phones out taking pics of our group and playing on social media. Not bashing union but there was a different standard for the people selling the stuff they are building and the people actually building it. Anyway, it was really interesting to see how these things come together (body meets powertrain), there is about a 4" of wiggle room from the chain system that brings the body to the powertrain lift station. Crazy how little room for error there is in the whole line.

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So do you think Ford will set up a program to where you might be able to watch your Bronco being built? Similar to the way GM does with the corvette. I live in southeast Michigan so it would be cool to be able to visit the plant the day my Bronco gets built.
What do you guys think?
And if you have an extra $5000 when you purchase a new corvette you can come to Wixom, MI and build the motor for your car along side a GM tech. And you get the sign the valve cover tag with the build team.

LetRBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Corvette, Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked my dealer about this and they said no, difference being the Broncos are more mass produced at greater numbers. Not as custom as the Corvette so not much to see. Plus right now I bet it would be difficult to lock down the date and time to show up.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So do you think Ford will set up a program to where you might be able to watch your Bronco being built? Similar to the way GM does with the corvette. I live in southeast Michigan so it would be cool to be able to visit the plant the day my Bronco gets built.
What do you guys think?

Nope.

If you can, do yourself a favor and drive by that plant while it's active.

It is *BUSY* as all heck. Employee lots are often nearly filled.

Even if there weren't COVID or liability concerns in play, there's just not really room to be welcoming folks en masse.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just ordered another BMW yesterday - this is all they provide

39B2746E-AB76-4C3B-990A-EDBC023F0D81.png

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan on following mine down the line. But I work there so it shouldn't be a problem.
...Back in the 70's while at Ford,I watched my Granada being built...back then the guys on the line would throw in a couple unordered options...small stuff...but cool co-workers...

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

...Back in the 70's while at Ford,I watched my Granada being built...back then the guys on the line would throw in a couple unordered options...small stuff...but cool co-workers...
Lol in the 80s i pulled a 460 out of a junker put it on a stand and pulled the oil pan off and inside was an air ratchet 😳it had some dings on it from the crank hitting it my buddy plugs it in and it sprays oil all over us but it worked.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol in the 80s i pulled a 460 out of a junker put it on a stand and pulled the oil pan off and inside was an air ratchet 😳it had some dings on it from the crank hitting it my buddy plugs it in and it sprays oil all over us but it worked.
....When we were building the full size LTD's ..we made a ton of them with 460's...just about every cop car had one...thousands a year...

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a teacher once who to us he worked for GM as an assembly line worker. The plant he worked at built Novas. He ordered one and watched it being built as he walked the line. He made sure he told each station it was his car being built. He went on to say “ it was the worst car I ever owned”. Lol

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

....When we were building the full size LTD's ..we made a ton of them with 460's...just about every cop car had one...thousands a year...
Lol ltd is what it was🤣
Sponsored