Sponsored

Will we get $1100 Ford pass once we change to Soft top?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why the hell would they even bring up the "up to $1100" in that announcement. I thought the context was that they were going to extend that to ALL hardtop orders (including MIC) because of the delays and pushing everyone back.

I am super lucky to have a VIN, but if I didn't and they told me that my order automatically got pushed back to a 22 WITHOUT ANY ADDTIONAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ACTION, I would be fucking livid, especially if they dropped my color. I'm mad my order got pushed back from July 19th, to Aug 16, to Aug 30, to Sept 6, to who knows when in November/December???

Yes I understand there is a difference between being pushed 6 months and being pushed an additional year (like the mod top orders) but where is our customer satisfaction action?
You get a hammock, stickers, and a 22lb box of rocks.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After the deadline? So if I have an order in the books right now, I can change to a soft top and get the points?? I don't think so...
🤷

From the Ford email 3/25 (after the order deadline)

Black Painted Modular Hard Top & Dual Top Roof Update

In October of 2020, we told you that the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs were not going to be available for the start of production this summer. At that time, we believed we could still offer these features as a late summer availability option for 2021 model year. However, due to the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier, the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs will unfortunately not be available until 2022 model year.

Customers who currently have the black painted modular hard top or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):

1. Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof (you can see a version here)
  2. Order the black soft top roof (with exception of Wildtrak and 2-door) (you can see a version here)
  3. Wait for black painted modular hard top or dual top roof option for 2022 model year

To make it right for not being able to get the roof option you selected, we will provide 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points ($1,000 value) if you take delivery of a 2021 model year Bronco. Since all roof options will be available for 2022 model year, only those who take delivery of their Bronco in 2021 will be eligible for this offer. We hope you'll use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more details on these options in the coming weeks and can also explain the redemption process.

The most recent Ford email updating this original promise;

So, here's what we're going to do:

• FordPass Rewards Extension thru 2022 model year - In March we announced a 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points offer ($1,000 value). You can explore how to use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more information on the options and can also explain how to redeem the points at time of delivery.
  • Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.
  • Free Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.
Note that they are simply extending the top promise another year. There are no time limit restrictions listed in the first email, just has to have been a Mod top or dual top ordered by/on 3/19/21. (or 3/25/21 if you go by the email date) So if you currently have a Mod top/dual top on order and it was on order on 3/19/21), and swap it to either MIC or soft top, you get the points if it is made in 2021 or 2022. So you cannot swap to a mod top and back to get the points, has to be mod or dual from last March.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why the hell would they even bring up the "up to $1100" in that announcement. I thought the context was that they were going to extend that to ALL hardtop orders (including MIC) because of the delays and pushing everyone back.

I am super lucky to have a VIN, but if I didn't and they told me that my order automatically got pushed back to a 22 WITHOUT ANY ADDTIONAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ACTION, I would be fucking livid, especially if they dropped my color. I'm mad my order got pushed back from July 19th, to Aug 16, to Aug 30, to Sept 6, to who knows when in November/December???

Yes I understand there is a difference between being pushed 6 months and being pushed an additional year (like the mod top orders) but where is our customer satisfaction action?
the poster, sticker, hammock, and yet to be determined package. They aren't sending all that stuff just to be nice.
Nope- In hand and I am not the only one.
You got an FE or WT? Your dealer had to activate the additional free points at time of purchase. I'm guessing you know that already and have seen the other threads about it?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the Ford email 3/25 (after the order deadline)

Black Painted Modular Hard Top & Dual Top Roof Update

In October of 2020, we told you that the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs were not going to be available for the start of production this summer. At that time, we believed we could still offer these features as a late summer availability option for 2021 model year. However, due to the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier, the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs will unfortunately not be available until 2022 model year.

Customers who currently have the black painted modular hard top or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):

1. Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof (you can see a version here)
  2. Order the black soft top roof (with exception of Wildtrak and 2-door) (you can see a version here)
  3. Wait for black painted modular hard top or dual top roof option for 2022 model year

To make it right for not being able to get the roof option you selected, we will provide 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points ($1,000 value) if you take delivery of a 2021 model year Bronco. Since all roof options will be available for 2022 model year, only those who take delivery of their Bronco in 2021 will be eligible for this offer. We hope you'll use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more details on these options in the coming weeks and can also explain the redemption process.

The most recent Ford email updating this original promise;

So, here's what we're going to do:

• FordPass Rewards Extension thru 2022 model year - In March we announced a 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points offer ($1,000 value). You can explore how to use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more information on the options and can also explain how to redeem the points at time of delivery.
  • Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.
  • Free Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.
Note that they are simply extending the top promise another year. There are no time limit restrictions listed in the first email, just has to have been a Mod top or dual top ordered by/on 3/19/21. (or 3/25/21 if you go by the email date) So if you currently have a Mod top/dual top on order and it was on order on 3/19/21), and swap it to either MIC or soft top, you get the points if it is made in 2021 or 2022. So you cannot swap to a mod top and back to get the points, has to be mod or dual from last March.
I was unaware of the updated email. Cool... So I should be good for $1000 as I originally submitted a mod top order as soon as the order books opened. I'm now in the books with a MIC top.
Being from Canada, however, I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
the poster, sticker, hammock, and yet to be determined package. They aren't sending all that stuff just to be nice.

You got an FE or WT? Your dealer had to activate the additional free points at time of purchase. I'm guessing you know that already and have seen the other threads about it?
Nope -BaseSasquatch. 200k points email showed up one day after shipped notice. Had nothing to do with tops.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is the 22lb box of rocks from one of the off rodeo sites?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nope -BaseSasquatch. 200k points email showed up one day after shipped notice. Had nothing to do with tops.
You ordered the dual top? That's the only other way you could get the 200k points.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
You ordered the dual top? That's the only other way you could get the 200k points.
Nope- It's not the only way- Base does not offer dual top. Again nothing to do with tops.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nope- It's not the only way- Base does not offer dual top. Again nothing to do with tops.
Ok, you care to explain then? Apparently you have info that nobody else does!

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sweet! Everyone who pre-ordered should get the 200k points then. No reason you should get special treatment, right?

@Ford Motor Company Round of 200k points on you!
To a point- each is impacted differently. Isn't this Goodwill stated in the OP post? This said nothing about tops.
Providing up to $1,100* worth of FordPass Reward points to use towards accessory purchases, like the fold-out tray table, door bags, roof racks, or some off-road lights, as a thank you for existing order holders

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You get a hammock, stickers, and a 22lb box of rocks.

yjc6au6bia7edep1um5wb66hujqqsbfelm9i0po5&rid=giphy.gif

Yeahhhhhh, empty mailboxes (digital and postal) since day one up here guy.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Will we get $1100 Ford pass once we change to Soft top? yjc6au6bia7edep1um5wb66hujqqsbfelm9i0po5&rid=giphy

Yeahhhhhh, empty mailboxes (digital and postal) since day one up here guy.
There are a bunch of us down here that haven’t gotten anything either.
Sponsored