Sponsored

Will we have an idea of delivery date when we order in December?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand what Ford is attempting to accomplish. I suspect both Ford and the dealerships would like to work with buyers who clearly understands what they want. The evolution is also timely in our pandemic world where some buyers may not want to set foot inside a dealership building.

Back in 2015 when I ordered my F150 the entire process was accomplished remotely. The dealer placed the order into the system, but I selected each option and verified the process by reviewing each option code selected. I sensed the salesperson appreciated my involvement and thoroughness. My F150 was delivered to my home to address a multistate process and the elimination of sales tax. My truck exceeded my expectations and the personnel at the dealership, who I never met, were very understanding at a time when the process I requested was atypical.

Our Forum is chock full of capable members. I suspect we will meet the challenge of an evolving process and continue to seek guidance from each other. It is exactly the process I was seeking.
That is how this will work as well...
Sponsored

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I understand what Ford is attempting to accomplish. I suspect both Ford and the dealerships would like to work with buyers who clearly understands what they want. The evolution is also timely in our pandemic world where some buyers may not want to set foot inside a dealership building.

Back in 2015 when I ordered my F150 the entire process was accomplished remotely. The dealer placed the order into the system, but I selected each option and verified the process by reviewing each option code selected. I sensed the salesperson appreciated my involvement and thoroughness. My F150 was delivered to my home to address a multistate process and the elimination of sales tax. My truck exceeded my expectations and the personnel at the dealership, who I never met, were very understanding at a time when the process I requested was atypical.

Our Forum is chock full of capable members. I suspect we will meet the challenge of an evolving process and continue to seek guidance from each other. It is exactly the process I was seeking.
Elimination of sales tax, how?!

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d prefer to go through the ordering process with my dealer- Granger Ford- then you will have the exact price of the vehicle. No questions about it then until
You select your financing options when you pick it up.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Elimination of sales tax, how?!
First off I live in New Hampshire, just across the border from Massachusetts. New Hampshire has no sales tax. Massachusetts has a significant sales tax. In order for automobile dealerships in MA to sell to residents in NH, they must deliver the vehicles to the buyers home. Process works very well! Hope this helps.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d prefer to go through the ordering process with my dealer- Granger Ford- then you will have the exact price of the vehicle. No questions about it then until
You select your financing options when you pick it up.
Correct

When you have selected the package, options and color we will email the build out sheet with full pricing on it..

Then you will make sure it is correct, then you sign and send back to authorize it is to your specifications

We put the Bronco in the Order Bank and order the car when they can be processed.

When the Bronco comes in we arrange time for visit, or finalize paperwork for out of state

Arrange getting your Bronco from our Corral to yours.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The customer will not be ordering the Bronco from Ford...

You will be able to configure the Bronco but it has to go into the WBDO at your chosen dealership to actually get ordered...

You do not have to go to the dealership as we will handle distance buyers via email.
Thank you for that clarification. Yes, the dealer has to put in the order. I missed that part. But they put in the order in accordance with your online order entry. Nobody HAS to go to a dealer at any point until after it’s been delivered. That was my point and the point of the new ordering system that Ford is trying out starting with the Bronco.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for that clarification. Yes, the dealer has to put in the order. I missed that part. But they put in the order in accordance with your online order entry. Nobody HAS to go to a dealer at any point until after it’s been delivered. That was my point and the point of the new ordering system that Ford is trying out starting with the Bronco.
Yes indeed, was not trying to be snarky..(y)

The flames of rumor blow fast across the B6G prairie at times so better to douse fast than let simmer... ?

That is the beauty of the new way of buying, not having to sit at a table in an uncomfortable area just to purchase a vehicle...

What if grocery shopping was like that? ....I would be skinny...:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will be notified directly from Ford when it’s your time to place the order and will be given a deadline to do so. The orders will be made by you, online through the Ford website. You’ll go in with your log-in info.
The Bronco is the first vehicle that Ford will use this process. You will not need to go to any dealer. If you do, all they’re going to do is let you log on to your Ford account and assist you with making your choices if needed.
The dealerships are not really involved at all in the reservation and ordering process for the Bronco.
Ford is trying a new take on reserving and ordering. Hopefully it works out. This seems like it would be better and easier for most consumers. Maybe even the dealership too?
The attachment is where the status of your reservation and order can be tracked. This is located in your Ford personal account. You won’t need a dealer to see when your order will be delivered, unless their website isn’t updated timely or it’s having some glitches.

A50FD451-B9E3-4524-8D6F-5AFFF8707CA4.jpeg
This doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't you want to work with your dealer to confirm a price, financing, trade-ins, warranty, etc. before placing the order?

My dealer told me that's what we would be doing in December before I place the order.

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't you want to work with your dealer to confirm a price, financing, trade-ins, warranty, etc. before placing the order?

My dealer told me that's what we would be doing in December before I place the order.
I don't see how you could get a valid trade-in quote or financing this far out before delivery/payment. That just wouldn't work

jjmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off I live in New Hampshire, just across the border from Massachusetts. New Hampshire has no sales tax. Massachusetts has a significant sales tax. In order for automobile dealerships in MA to sell to residents in NH, they must deliver the vehicles to the buyers home. Process works very well! Hope this helps.
What Mass Ford Dealership do you use?

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see how you could get a valid trade-in quote or financing this far out before delivery/payment. That just wouldn't work
Financing, if it is a concern, can be discussed prior to order...

The rates should not change drastically over the months after order so the payments discussed at that time will be relevant.

Trade in is the animal we are trying to deal with right now, from order to delivery could be 6 months or longer and we have not had to do that prior with ordered vehicles...

Learning experience for us all..

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Correct

When you have selected the package, options and color we will email the build out sheet with full pricing on it..

Then you will make sure it is correct, then you sign and send back to authorize it is to your specifications

We put the Bronco in the Order Bank and order the car when they can be processed.

When the Bronco comes in we arrange time for visit, or finalize paperwork for out of state

Arrange getting your Bronco from our Corral to yours.
One minor point of clarification. Please forgive me.

I suspect you will be using a predefined set of alphanumeric codes to identify each option. Those codes are then entered into the "Order Bank" once Ford opens up the bank. Would you permit a buyer to understand the alphanumeric codes and verify what you entered into the bank? I did that process in 2015 since I felt the data entry could be a potential point of failure. Since the Bronco is all new and the codes may also be all new, it might be wise to permit the buyer to double check this step.

Thank you!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

once it gets a VIN assigned to it, there are ways to track some of the progress and est delivery date. where it gets hung up is when it gets to the yard, then shipping co, then dealer updates.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One minor point of clarification. Please forgive me.

I suspect you will be using a predefined set of alphanumeric codes to identify each option. Those codes are then entered into the "Order Bank" once Ford opens up the bank. Would you permit a buyer to understand the alphanumeric codes and verify what you entered into the bank? I did that process in 2015 since I felt the data entry could be a potential point of failure. Since the Bronco is all new and the codes may also be all new, it might be wise to permit the buyer to double check this step.

Thank you!
Exactly correct...

Yes the Buyer will see the printout to authorize the build or change until it is correct by their standard. (y)
Sponsored